cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining condition types in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I have an issue in Pricing. We have maintained the below condition types in the pricing procedure.

1. PR00 - Price

2. S005 (K005) - Customer Material (Amount)

3. S004 (K004) - Material (Amount)

4. S007 (K007) - Customer discount. (Percentage)

I have configured the condition types and placed in the order as above in the pricing procedure.

For a particular customer we maintained condition record for S007 - Customer discount as 10%.

And for Product A we maintained S004 - Material Discount as Rs 10

And for Product B we maintained S005 - Customer Discount as Rs 10 (for the same customer as above)

But in the sales order it is not determining in the same order as in the pricing procedure.

When enter Product A - First it is taking the S007 customer discount and then only it is taking S004 material discount.

But for the combination of S005 & S007 it is taking correctly. I mean first S005 and then S007.

I mean when we enter Product B it is taking first S005 - Customer Material and then S007 - Customer Discount

We want the S007 - Customer Discount should be triggered after the other discount S004 in the sales order.

Please check the screen shots below and advise....

Scenario One - for Product A

Scenario 2 - for Product B

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason for this is the step no. in the pricing procedure. If you share the screenshot of the pricing procedure then the root cause will be identified.

Regards,

AHD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHD

Thank you for responding. I just replied in the posting with the screen shot of pricing procedure.

Step numbers are correctly given for those condition types. So Irrespective of the step number and also "From" and "To" columns the systems is not determining the condition types as in the order of pricing procedure particularly for S004 and S007 conditions.

Regards

Suresh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really this is a weird issue.

Try to remove the From-To step number of 103 to 105 and retry the process.  Not sure, this will solve your issue, but you can make an attempt.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati

Thanks a lot for your response. Actually I tried it initially without the from and to step numbers. Then only I tried giving the from and to steps. In both the ways the result is same. It is picking the S007 customer Dicount instead of S004 Material discount.

Regards

Suresh..

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh Babu ,

Please check ur  VK 11 condition record how u maintain the condition table

1 .Material ,

2.customer ,

3. Customer /material,

Because the access sequence will search most specific record to most general may for this reason

Or else check ur both the condition type in V/08 pricing procedure and see the steps

Regards

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thanks for the reply. It is not the problem with the determination of one condition record or one particular condition. I understand that access sequence will search most specific record to most general. This will be for searching condition records with in a condition type.

But here my issue is with determining the condition type itself in the sales order in the order of pricing procedure.

Regards

Suresh

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the sequence/positioning of these discount condition types in the Pricing Procedure? Please provide the print screen of the pricing procedure for these condition types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thank you for the quick response. I have mentioned the sequence in my posting. Any way please check the below screen shot....

1. PR00 - Price

2. S005 (K005) - Customer Material (Amount)

3. S004 (K004) - Material (Amount)

4. S007 (K007) - Customer discount. (Percentage)

I have configured the condition types and placed in the order as above in the pricing procedure.

Regards

Suresh

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

looks wierd....not able to guess why it is happening so.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

Its seem ur pricing procedure is  correct better u check ur Access sequence table over view refer this screen shot

Hope it will solve ur query 

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the response again. Ya, you are true, even I tried a lot but not able to guess why it is happening and then I thought of posting on SDN.

In the first scenario, it will be beneficial to the customer, I mean if the systems determines S007 customer discount first and then S004 Material Discount.

In the second scenario, it will be beneficial to the company, if the system determines S004 - Material discount first and then S007 - Customer discount

But the system is not taking in that way even though the pricing procedure has the correct order.

Please check with in the scope you have and advise me....

Regards

Suresh....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

As I said earlier it was not the problem with the access sequence. Any way if you look at my posting,

I mentioned the problem is with the conditions S004 and S007. They are not determining in the order as they are in the pricing procedure.

For these two conditions there are only once access each. For S004 only one access with the field Material

For the condition S007 - customer discount, there is only once access with fields Division and customer.

So it is not the problem with Access sequence. Please read my posting once again help me in giving the solution.

I want S004 - Material discount should determine first and then S007 - Customer discount in my sales order.

But it is not happening here as it is taking vice versa....

Regards

Suresh

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

As per standard  1st will Customer /material

2nd is   Customer

3rd is Material

I think system is behaving properly

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree with you that As per standard, system will consider 1st Customer /material, 2nd is Customer, 3rd is Material.

But in case if the client comes up with a requirement saying they want the the material discount should trigger first and then customer discount, then what would be the solution.

Because that will be beneficial to the company. The first scenario is beneficial to the customer.

Suppose check the below example.

in the above example there is a difference of one rupee. It is for a one sales order so it is fine, but in the large businesses the difference will be in crores.

So if the client comes up with a requirement saying they want the the material discount should trigger first and then customer discount, then what would be the solution.

Regards

Suresh....