cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic Behavior in Deployment / TLB

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We run Simple Heuristic (//snp01) to create PurRqs at the demand locations. Once this is completed we run Deployment (//snp02) followed by TLB (//snp04) at the supply as well as demand locations to push free stock to respective demand locations and/or create more production orders at supply locations

We have maintained following parameters:

Push Deployment Horizon                            : 7 Days

Pull Deployment Horizon                              : 1 Day

Fair Share Rule                                           : B

Deployment Horizon in Days (//snp02)           : 1 Days

We use a customized planning book with a daily Time Bucket Profile for 45 Days.

Over the past few weeks we have observed that Deployment / TLB of stocks has been occurring for non forecasted products as well. The scenario has been occurring for our old demand locations as well as newly opened demand locations.

I would like to know

1. What necessary parameters need to be maintained while opening a new demand location in ECC?
  2. Have we maintained correct horizons? any new customization setting is also welcome.
  3. What is the reason for deployment of stock at demand locations for non forecasted items as wel?

This situation is slowly becoming very critical to our business now. Please help in resolving the issue.

Eagerly awaiting some replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

1. New demand locations - typically, a t.lane needs to be setup when add new destination with appropriate transportation duration, calendar, TLB profile for means of transport, etc. For the phased out products or old demand locations, set the blocked indicator as locked so that the planning engine does not consider this source of supply.

2. With the given data, your deployment horizon restricts pull and push deployment horizons to 1 day i.e. you consider demand and supply at source for the current day and plan the shipments accordingly.

3. Deployment of non required products - It depends on how you defined the variants of your background jobs of deployment and TLB runs (/sapapo/snp02 and /sapapo/snp04 respectively). Verify them and update with appropriate data and planning process should be defined as follows

a. SNP Heuristics - DRP Run - Execute only at demand locations i.e. destination locations. This will create the distribution demand (planned) at source locations

b. SNP Heuristics - MRP run - Execute only at source locations. This will create planned orders to replenish distribution demand.

c. SNP Deployment - Execute only at source location so as to confirm the distribution demand

d. TLB - Execute only on the required t.lanes so as to create shipments or STOs.

Thanks,
Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your prompt response!

First of all let me clarify few terms which you might have misunderstood:

1. Old Demand Locations are our Existing Demand Locations. I may have not have phrased it properly
  2. In our situation deployment is occurring for non forecasted products and not non required products
  3. In our case SNP Heuristics - MRP run - Execute only at source locations. Which will create planned orders to replenish distribution demand is replaced by SNP Optimizer which is run at both locations. Then  we again take Heuristics on Demand Locations in order to Deployment whatever quantity has been produced
  4. Also when we changed our Deployment Horizon to 15 days system was still using PurRqs which were falling within 1 day from current date. Thus can we infer that Deployment took place based on the Pull Deployment Horizon we have maintained? We thought that system would use PurRqs in a span of 15 days.

I hope that I am able to clear some misunderstandings. Eagerly awaiting your response.

Thanks & Regards

Harsh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

1. Stock transfer proposals for non forecasted products at demand locations: SNP considers all demand elements (customer requirements, dependent, safety stock, etc.). If the stock on hand for a given product and time period falls below the target stock level, a receipt element will be generated.

2. Planning process: Typically, organizations use SNP optimizer with broader scope once in a week (say during weekend). These proposals further enhanced or updated through SNP heuristics run with limited scope during the week. The finalized plan will be released to PP/DS for further planning and scheduling. Finally, deployment and TLB runs will be executed to fulfill the distribution demand.

3. Horizons:

0-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------15days

Deployment Horizon

0----------------------------------------------------7 days

Pull deployment horizon

0----------1 days

Push deployment horizon

The deployment engine considers all the demands/requirements that fall within pull deployment horizon and supplies/receipts within push deployment horizon.  However, the period of deployment execution is limited by deployment horizon.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (0)