SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

binding issues during processor rule in bpem - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the following problem for configuring the processor rule in BPEM.

The requirement is if the case category is of a specific type then it should be assigned to particular org. unit.

When i try to bind the _EMMA_Case container case category value to case category value within the rule the value is not getting passed. I debugged it and looks like the _EMMA_Case container is not getting instantiated.

Also there is another requirement where based on the value in custom field on emma_case field ( value filled with the BADI EMMA_CASE~COMPLETE_CASE method) the case should get routed to specific org unit.

Has anyone face with similar situation in past. Kindly share if you have.

Thanks

Rahul.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you want to use the contents of custom fields in your processor rules, you will need to do the following:

1. Declare the relevant structure(s) in the BPEM container definition.

2. Append the relevant entries to the CT_OBJECTS table in the COMPLETE_CASE method.

3. Bind the container elements to the processor rule as per normal

I'm not aware of your first issue, however if the _EMMA_Case object is not available during agent determination, you could always pass the relevant fields (e.g. case category) in the same manner as mentioned above.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But that's not helping me. I have already added the required fields and they are getting populated within the COMPLETE_CASE method of BADI.

But SAP performs the processor rule assignment first and then call the COMPLETE_CASE BADI and hence by the time the custom fields are populated within the complete_case the processor rule assignment is already done by SAP but without the values of custom fields.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my system the method for determining the BPEM case processor is called in three places:

BAPI_EMMA_CASE_CREATE

CL_EMMA_CASE->PROCESS_CASE_CATEGORY

CL_EMMA_CASE_TXN->SAVE_CASE

In all three of these places, the COMPLETE_CASE method is called before the RESOLVE_RULE method. 

Perhaps you are missing a support patch?

0 Kudos

I am upgraded to release 605 support pack SAPK-60504INISPSCA which is latest.

can you please check your support pack and let me know.

0 Kudos

Interesting, we are on an earlier version! I guess you should raise an OSS note then.