Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for Creation of T Lanes APO SNP

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

I am trying to create T Lanes through LSMW Recording. However it is not capturing the pop up screen. After trying several times and got failer, have decided to use BAPI in my LSMW,  i am very much new to BAPI. After doing intial googling i have found the BAPI for T Lane and started my LSMW. after i have created my project, sub project, etc ... and when trying to maintain IDOC inbound processing , it is throwing me error that : LSMW port type not defined ". I Know that LSMW port has not been created in the system. I would like to know what is the impact and use of this IDOC inbound processing in my LSMW and also is it mandatory or not. Also would like to know whether the LSMW using BAPI for lane creation is a good idea to proceed or not .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

In the LSMW front screen, go to the menu drop down

Settings / Idoc processing

And enter the correct entries - may need to get your basis team to help

eg

File Port: LSMW

tRFC Port  (Some big long number/letter - Basis filled in for us)

Partner type (US in our system)

Partner number LSMW

Most likely it would work. We have a few BAPI LSMWs for different things, and I was just trying a delete line LSMW for transportation lanes today, which also failed, so I may end up trying to do a BAPI LSMW myself.

j

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

hi john

thnx for the quick response. i will get in touch with basis team.

actually my requirement is o create a Blocked lane. i have failed aftr trying several lsmw's. Also i have another requirement of creating LSMW to block the lanes . Firstly i will try with this creation of Blocked Lanes through BAPI LSMW.

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

How do i know my target fields in LSMW when i use BAPI.

I am unable to do the field mapping and conversion rules when i try to use BAPI for the above said LSMW.

Kindly help .................

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your LSMW experience?

I need to create this myself, so am also having a go at the TLANE BAPI.

See attached word doc if I can get a word doc upload to work here.

This is just this afternoons starting attempt if any use. Will update you if I actually get it to work!

j

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thnx for the doc really . Actually i got stuck up at level 4 , but once i have gone through ur doc i am able to reach level 13. I facing some error like file unable to process at level 13. Will look into the same tomorrow at office and will update my progress.

I have 1 yr exp in LSMW but using BAPI is completly new to me !

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why don't you try with APO loader?

With GET Function , you can get the excel sheet with the format. You can update the excel with your data and upload that using PUT function.

The program for the APO loader is 'BAPI_TRLSRVAPS_GETLIST2'.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Emani,

After a bit of kicking, I got mine to work.

Or at least I got part of it to work.

Couldnt get the create TLane to work, so instead I added a product and a means of transport to the lane, and got that to work.

Probably now that I have sorted some of the errors, the create would work.

So on an already created lane, I created a product and means of transport.

Used a lot of constants just to get working.

Source fields used were

MODEL                          N(003)    MODEL

LOCFROM                        C(020)    LOCFROM

LOCTO                          C(020)    LOCTO

PRODUCT                        C(020)    PRODUCT

PPRIORITY                      N(001)    PPRIORITY

VALIDFROM                      DYMD(014) VALIDFROM

VALIDTO                        DYMD(014) VALIDTO

So these item I pulled from a CSV file.

The Valid from and valid to needed to be in this format

So starting at zero and then ending at 5959

I used a lot of constants just to get this working, so will go back and rework now.

Constants used eg

Lot Type 1002

Means set to 0001

TTYPE

All the below set to X
VALID_ALL_PRDS_FLG
AGGT_TPL_FLG
DTLT_TPL_FLG

And I stripped back the structure relations just to the first six,

E1BP11201TRLANE            Transportation Lane: Header Entry (TR)

E1BP11201TRLANEX           Change Parameter: Transportation Lane: Header Entry (TR)

E1BP11201SOURCES           Product Procurement (TRPROD)

E1BP11201SOURCESX          Change Parameter: Product Procurement

E1BP11201MEANSOFTRANSP     Means of Transport (TRM)

E1BP11201MEANSOFTRANSPX    Change Parameter for Means of Transport

And used the locto, locfrom, type(constants), and validitys in all the possible places many times over.

eg

header

LOCATION_FROM                      External Location Identifier

Source:  TLANESCXTEST-LOCFROM (LOCFROM)

Rule :   Transfer (MOVE)

Code:    E1BP11201TRLANE-LOCATION_FROM = TLANESCXTEST-LOCFROM.

and same again

change parameters

and

product procurement

means of transport

change means.

etc.

Good luck!
j

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi manimaran

firstly i also thought of APO Loader, after googling i came to know that , it is a tool which should be downloaded fro OSS. I am not a basis guy and i dnt have any authorizations in my offcie to download this tool.  So i thought to go with LSMW BAPI.however i was happy as i learned some new things while using this LSMW BAPI. However would like to know more about this tool. I didnot understant the prog name u have given ( sorry, i am not that much into ABAP , bapi 's and all those stuff ) . I have tries to run the prog given by you from SE38 but it is showing that it is not existing. would like to know how to run the program given by you and more info about APO LOADER will be helpful to me.

Thanks

Emu.

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John

thats really a good try and also its very much encouraging to me also to by seeing ur LSMW getting success. Today i was bit busy at office so couldnt work on this. i will surely work tomorrow and will let u know my status. As also said by mani above , i have heard about this APO LOADER . u can do the same from this tool. its  simple process compare to the complexity and the time taken to create a LSMW. However i would like to give some more try's to this LSMW BAPI.

Regards,

Emu

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry, I have typed the wrong program name. The right name is "FUNCTION_LOADER_INLAY".

You dont need any OSS note.

1. Transaction SE38: program: FUNCTION_LOADER_INLAY

2. On "File" tab, click "Create/Open" button.

3. Create new xls file (MS Excel spreadsheet)

4. The screen will switch to "data" view showing blank screen of MS Excel

5. Switch to "design" view.

6. Click 'Read Formatting template' button. In the pop-up, select

'TransportLaneAPS' and from the right hand panel, select the 'maintain product procurement'.

7. Transfer parameters from "Available parameters" to "selected parameters" tab.

8. Press "Format worksheet"

9. switch to data view and you will see that the sheet is prepopulated with function module specific fields.

10. Save it...

11. Close it.

12. Open the excel spreadsheet from your desktop.

13. Populate values and save it.

14. go back to se38 and load the spreadsheet.

15. on the "data" tab, when you see information: press "SAP system" to load it.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for the APO Loader info. I had seem the spreadsheet before on a project with SAP consultants, but didnt realise that it could be downloaded from within APO.

I got that to work also to load a new product into a T Lane.

Regards
John

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

hi manimaran

thnx for the information about APO Loader. I have followed the steps as said by you. I am facing some errors. Kindly correct me if am going wrong some where. I am facing errors like APO product not valid, though i can see that prod in MAT1 , or sometimes like Start location not valid tough it is correct start loc. sometimes it is showing successfull but i am not unable to see the T-lane in TL3. i am giving my process which i followed here, please correct me if i am going wrong somewhere. I am creationg a product specific lane.

> In PUT Option i have choosed the Transportation lane header and the Product Procument parameters and also same parameters in GET option along with the RETURN parameter in GET. then i have clicked on format worksheet and saved my excel.

> i have given these fiels in Transportation lane header in put and get both options

MODEL - 000 ( in text format ,i.e. '000)

Start locaton : FR-001 ( in location_from_int field in excel )

destimation location : FR-0002  ( in location_to_int field in excel )

> in product procument :

i have given the same start location and dest loc as above extra fileds given are :

in field PRODUCT i hav given my product number i.e. CH-1010

in valid from : 20060101

vaid to : 20990101

and procument priority as 1

and saved my excel sheet.

and again went to se38, loaded my file and DATA Tab and clicked on SAP System tab

it throwed the error in return parameter that no valid product has been found. I have checked the same in mAT1 but the product is exisitng. I have tried several times, suddenly it is not thowing any errors and giving sucessfully uploaded but i ma unable to see the created lane in tl3.

i am going somewhere wrong i guess, request you to guide me.

Regards,

Emani

Answers (0)