Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing the Transport in ECC taking hell lot of time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masters/Gurus,

We have a single role funda in our organisation ( Parent and child role). Whenever We do any Security configuration ( role modification) or any kind of set up in 10 or more than a single roles and creating a transport for the same.

While releasing the same its taking hell lot of time ( Example I have done changes in 52 single roles and created the transport for the same, while releasing the same it took 4 and half hour to get the release that transport from the DEV system. Its horrible, so please help.

Could some one please suggest me on this so that we can implement something and get this problem solved for ever.

We have ECC 6.0 system.

Note: Our transport are going in bundle release ( like we define some project id while creating the transport)

If you need any more info do let me know.

Awaiting for you all's early & positive response on the same.

Regards,

Manish

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same with me , if role is very big even if it is single , it will take this much time . it happens...

If you get to know other reason and solution then please let me know also

0 Kudos

Can you suggest, if this is happening only with transporting roles? Is the same happening while transporting ABAP or Functional Objects?

0 Kudos

As munish said... if the role is very big or a particular transport request has many roles to transport, then it is quite obvious it will take some time, but as you mentioned that for you transporting a request with 52 roles in it took 4 and half hrs, I guess this is quite unusual....

I will suggest you to check with the BASIS team,this issue has something to do with system performance.....

transporting anything from one system to another, actually lots of tables are involved, if you have more information to transport then obviously more tables + more data to transport..... So the situation remains same, if you are facing problems with transporting roles then you will surely face issues while transporting ABAP programs from one system to another.....

Regards,

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Its only wid Security Transport.. I too checked with BASIS but unforuntaly there was no proper output I received.

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are some notes related to performance of transports with security roles. In some cases some tables get polluted and have too many records. I would start with these notes.

A developer can be really helpful to you. You could create an example of transport and run performance trace (SE30) when you release this transport. It would give you answer to question what is taking so long. 4 hours is not acceptable.

Cheers

0 Kudos

You are right, the last applicable note is 1819126.

Further performance improvements:

delimit the language vector in stms, so that only the texts of the really required languages are transported.

There seems to be an issue with the actual Kernel - the bigger the file size of the transport is (and we create rather big files because of number of texts), the slower gets the data throughput. R3Trans-developers are currently looking into this. As soon I have news, I'll update here.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi

We have had problems - still having in transports referencing projects. Table TLOCKPC showing in SE16(N) having nearly half a million records in se16. Our tame security (ex basis) STIG recommended contacting BASIS to have them re-index this table which resolved the problem.

Not really a problem resolution - more of a fix I think?

Is there a better correction please?

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

Hello David,

the TLOCKPC problem is an old one, described already in SAP note 358688.

The real solution for all export runtime problems is the latest version of a.m. note 1819126 (version 7 or so, release date Aug.,22 2013 or later).

TMS will provide an additional improvement later this year.

But with 1819126 you will get your transports running. If you have an earlier version applied already, deimplement it and apply the actual version!

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

This is a problem with the tp executable program. There we have a sap note - Note 72001 - Performance problems with tp, sapntstartb which cleraly explain the above issue. Kindly make a note on that and raise a issue with basis to correct it.

<Pointbegging removed by Mod.>

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sankar_reddy14
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase the parameter value of rdisp/max_wprun_time.

Earlier we had a same problem. It is resolved by this parameter increase.

Thanks,

Sankar.

jaisanth_goud
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi

its single roles so,instead of adding all the roles in 1 tp u can make it  4 or 5 tp requests and move it,if the tp data is big it will take the time even u increase the parameter value.

regards

jai sanath