cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any some thing difference is there between..Blank means no pricing and...pricing for free of goods 100 percent discount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

In vov7 ...and TANN   item category pricing field is there , in that

1...X IS stranded price

2...Blank means no pricing

3....pricing for free of goods 100 percent discount 

my doubt is if we give any goods no pricing it doesn't take  pricing and if we give 100 percent discount it means also same

is there any some thing difference is there

pl let me know if u feel this is basic question pl ignore this .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Stranded price - Normal Items with Normal Pricing

Blank means no pricing - Take example of User Manuals. Say you are buying a TV or A/c & you get User Manual Booklet with it. This user Manual is Text Itme is there is no Pricing for it, because it is not liable for Pricing.

Pricing for free of goods 100 percent discount - Say you get 1 Soap free whe you buy 4 soups. In this case youi give 100% Discount for 1 free soap & it Price will be booked as Cost in your Accounts. The same when sold individually, you will do normal Pricing for it.

I hope I am able to clarify your doubt...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Jignesh has given some good examples!

He has explained the settings in field Pricing (BLANK or B) (in VOV7, for item category) depending upon type of MMR (TV Manual or Soap).

Please understand that the a MMR which is having pricing (or 100% discount) in one process, can have No pricing in another process too.

E.g.

1. In OTC process Soap has pricing = X or B.

(take a look in VOV7, item category TAN or TANN)

2. But in CF (consignment fill up) the same MMR (i.e. Soap) has pricing = BLANK (i.e. No pricing)

(take a look in VOV7, item category KBN)

Look at business requirements from multiple angles, that might help create "better" solutions in SAP.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Please try the below test scenarios:

1. In your pricing procedure, remove condition type R100.

Then create a sales order with item category TANN

2. In your pricing procedure, remove the requirement (i.e. 55) for the condition type R100.

Then create a sales order with item category TANN

It might be interesting learning to correlate field Pricing in VOV7 with pricing procedure in V/08

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

1...X IS stranded price                                    Normal Pricing

2...Blank means no pricing                     price will be blank for entire document no pricing will reflect

3....pricing for free of goods 100 percent discount     ( its basically a free good or giving free to the customer no charges

Hope u got ur answer

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In both cases (no pricing or 100% discount) the customer gets the goods free.

The difference is for the company (that is selling the goods, that has implemented SAP system).

1.100% discount:

This is used when the accounting department wants to keep track of Total sales (e.g. XYZ Euros) of free goods.

2. No pricing:

In the entire document flow (sales order>delivery>billing document), there is no information about prices, discounts etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venu,

There is bit difference bet ween free of charge item and free goods.Normally samples are given as free of charge item so we are not maintain any cost and price records but where as free good is different process ,have maintained condition record for free goods and we sell only free goods with price.

you can get better understand about the difference after go through below link.

http://www.magnatraining.com/what-is-the-difference-between-free-of-charge-items-and-free-goods-sap-...

Regards,

Patchala