cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 SR1 + SP05 with french language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've installed a SolMan 7.1 SR1 system and plan to implement SP05, my system default language will be french.

At witch step the french language  must be implemented, after initial SR1 installation or after SP05 application ?

Regards

Eric MOUREY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satishra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

refer to 7.1 SR1 upgrade guide

section 3.14 Importing Additional Languages

3.14 Importing Additional Languages

RECOMMENDATION

Importing new languages during an upgrade is a highly efficient process and is preferable to

importing a language into a production system after an upgrade.

After the upgrade you have the option of importing new languages into the SAP system. We recommend

that you only use this option if the system contains the Support Packages for the language DVD you

are using. This is the case if you did not include any additional Support Packages in the upgrade, or did

not import any additional Support Packages after the upgrade. For more information, see the Language

Transport documentation, or SAP Note 352941.

The upgrade procedure itself only offers to update existing languages. If you want to install additional

languages during the upgrade, you do have the option of classifying new languages in the SAP system

before the upgrade with transaction SMLT, and importing them during the upgrade. For more

information about this procedure, see SAP Note 322982.

If you intend to use additional languages in your system in the future, import them during the upgrade.

In this way, you can avoid any sequencing problems arising from Support Packages included in the

upgrade, or Support Packages you need to import after the upgrade.

Back to Quick Guide [page 21]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

from my understanding this procedure is done for upgrade system, I my case this is the first installation of solman 71 SR1 where default language is english.

did the additionnal language (french) must be install as a post installation phase, or after the SPS05 application.

Regards

Eric MOUREY

satishra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i would think it would be better to do language installation after 7.1 sps05

refer to

Note 631042 - Release strategy for Implementation Content (ST-ICO)

SMLT

Answers (0)