cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/sapmnt//profile deleted after uninstall of application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my landscape there are five application servers and one DB application

After unistall of one application server the profile directory (/sapmnt/<sid>/profile ) deleted.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Same issue with my system , did you ever get an answer on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

If your question is why profiles under /sapmnt/SID/profile are deleted during uninstall of application server, then answer would be you should have selected "Delete profiles" option during uninstallation in sapinst.

Hope it answered your question.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I have not selected "Delete Profiles" option.I got a pop up do u want the delete the entreies of the DB on the current stand alone application. This is the second server I am unistalling and there was no problem while with the first.I have checeked in RZ10 -- utiliyes-importfiles of active servers to restore the profiles of other application server It is also giving error.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP profile parameters are stored in tables TPFET and TPFHT.

You can go to RZ10 , select each profile . Select "Extended Maintenance" and then click "Edit mode".

Go back and save. Then Activate the profile . Continue . Then the profiles  would be re-created under the profile directory .

Before you do any un-installation , backup the profile directory just to be on the safer side.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

copied profile directory from storage node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Can yo more specific about your question...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you asking that the profile is not deleted after uninstall ?

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, whole profile directory was deleted including dbci<sid>.