Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP734 - No budget exists --> Availability control not activated

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have a project which apparently has budget as we can see it on CJ31 but when we do the Check we  get the message

"No budget exists --> Availability control not activated".

We have no idea of why we are getting this message. Any idea?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

hi fortain, 

can you jsut put the screen shots of your budget profile and availability  control settings and the error message you are getting.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The budget profile which currency is the Controlling area currency.

At CJ31

At CJBV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here availability control is on overall budget only.

Check whether budget exist or not. It seems it is not existing.

Regards,

Pranav

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's the issue: it seems is not existing but it does exist!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried OPSX - Reset Status BUDG (Check Budgeted status & Reset it if Necessary)

0 Kudos

ho fortain,

do one thing in cj31 when you are allocating the budget before check for error go to  extras tab >>> avaialaibility control >>>>  activate and then check whether its working or not.....

and also go to spro  >> project system >>  cost >> budget  >>  stipulate default budget profile for project  definition and check whether you have assign the correct budget profile there.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pranav,

I ran OPSX and I got a list with the WBS which are budgeted (and at the botton a list with which are not).

But still same behaviour at CJ31 and CJBV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

Now for WBS of not budgeted list-

1. Try to change their status manually.

b. But make it sure you are moving to status allow to budget only.

Regards,

Pranav

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sulabh Gupta,

I followed your steps on CJ31 and I got this red message:

Any idea of the meaning?

The budget profile of the project is the correct one.

Regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranav I do not understand what your are asking me to do exactly.

It shouldn't be a problem to have some WBS elements without budget. We do not want to assign them budget, how do you want me to change their status?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it has something to do with the a revenue cost element but still trying to find out what is it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it is OK.

Here it seems a program error as WBS has budgeted status and system is showing No Budget exist as warning message. Reconstruct project info is not solving issue.

You should raise it to SAP marketplace.

Regards,

Pranav

0 Kudos

hi fortan,

it is analysis report it will gives you all the details of your budet . just click on + button in the customizing settings it will show you which type of budget profile you are using and whether availibilty control is active or not.. i told you to click on activate button and then save your budget. follow the steps i mentioned in my previous profile and try to save your budget.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After CJEN the system is showing a warning message "No value category could be determined for cost element 1000 ********"

This cost element is a revenue cost element with cost element category 11, as all revenue cost elements. I do not know why is complaining.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You told me to go to CJ31 from where active button is greyed, however I had a look to a Analysis where I found out some interesting messages.

From CJ30 if I try to activate availability control but I'm getting the same message: "No budget exists --> Availability control not activated".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is the source of error.

Might be somewhere in project, specified revenue GL has been filled in GL (Expense)account field.

0 Kudos

hi fortain,

this field should not be come in grey i think you have miss some config settings. iws this is the first project or you have already created some other projects with the same settings.

just check when you are creating the wbs element in control tab correct budget profile is coming. or just check the tables

The program control table TRWCI (in which the installed components are stored) must contain the COFC entry (Controlling Funds Control).

the TRWCA table contains the same components (fiscal year-related) as the TRWCI table. You can use this table to deactivate specific components for certain fiscal years. In the TRWCA table, the COFC component should be active until the year 2050. for more information just follow this links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_wp/helpdata/en/bb/e4a63730d5432ce10000009b38f842/content.htm

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction CJ31 is the display transaction I think it might be correct to have that option greyed. In CJ30 is available.

This is not the first project, we have created many other projects with the same settings (at least we haven't detected any differences yet).

I've check tables TRWCI and TRWCA and they seem to be ok:

0 Kudos

hi fortain,

sorry not in cj31 please do in the t-code cj30... follow my previous reply and do in cj30.....

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved. Don't ask me how. I just add some zeros to those WBS without budget form CJ30... and I didn't get the message any more. Bit strange... but lets hope it won't happen again.

Thank you all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank GOD.

Really Exclaiming !!!

0 Kudos

hi fortain,

first check you budget profile (ops9). in there check activation type might be there you take 0 instead of 1 or 2.

if it is ok. then go to t-code cjbw and deactivate availability control (cjbw) there and then run cjen it will reconstruct the databse tables for project info and then activate the availability control ( cjbv) and then again run the project construct info (cjen). it will work also refer this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/4f/b3e739e62b714be10000000a114084/content.htm

can you please tell me which type of project your are working on.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sulabh gupta,

At the budget profile we have the option "1    Automatic activation during budget allocation" which has been working until now.

I tried to follow the steps you told me, when running CJBW we get the message: "Availability control was not active for the following pro ..." and after all the steps we keep getting the same messages at CJBV and CJ31.

Any other idea of what could be happening?

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fortian,

1. Try to activate Project availability control by CJBV(Run this in Background F9).

2. Also Run CJEN for reconstruct project Info.

Regards,

Pranav

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav Trivid,

We find out this issue when trying to activated the availability control through CJBV, we always get the message:

Availability control not activated

Message no. BL001

We have run CJEN but we are still getting the same message at CJBV and CJ31.