SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP solution for Utilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a very basic level query and I appreciate your response.

Does SAP provides the solution only for Utility retail section or does it have a solution for Generation,Distribution aswell ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Ravi,

I am not sure if your question is specific to UCES or not.

If not, SAP for Utilities covers the whole value chain (Generation, transmission, distribution, retail), with a combination of ECC , CRM, BI core and utilities specific content.

Most processes are covered, are you interested in anyone in particular?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, that SAP UCES offers a functionality for energy retailers. They can logon and bill & maintain their customers. SAP UCES is however just a front-end, so the actual service is provided be the energy provider.

From my experience with IS-U backend itself, the contracts are normally separated into supply and distribution contracts. So you could simply do the distribution part and there should be no reason, why you won't be able to use it for retail only.

0 Kudos

Ravi,

I am not sure if your question is specific to UCES or not.

If not, SAP for Utilities covers the whole value chain (Generation, transmission, distribution, retail), with a combination of ECC , CRM, BI core and utilities specific content.

Most processes are covered, are you interested in anyone in particular?

0 Kudos

I know, but I address two different usage scenarios

1) Using UCES to enable services for retailers

2) Using SAP IS-U to enable retail process in a own environment as SAP provides full support for the whole chain.

0 Kudos

Thanks Maurizio and Andreas for your valuable information.

@ Maurizio: My question was whether SAP for Utilities covers the whole value chain (Generation, transmission, distribution, retail).As you mentioned in your reply that SAP covers the whole value chain.I know that for retail we have a Uitlitiy solution with combination of different utility specific modules like FI-CA,DM,Billing,CRM..I would like to know more about what are the different Modules/solutions that SAP offers for Generation,Transmission and Disributiion market ?

Thanks alot for sharing your knowledge.I appreciate for your participation.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Maurizio,

Thanks.This is really helpful.

Regards,

Ravi