cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed contents between MDUG & CLM

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a basic question concerning MDUG and CLM. What I've read until now, CLM seems to be the far superior tool for content management then MDUG when using GRC 10.0.

Nevertheless, what are the differences between the managed contents? On page 18 (see attached picture) of the CLM documentation it is stated that those master data of the GRC suite can be managed by CLM. Which of these master data are not supported by MDUG?

After creating a template in MDUG I realized that the Excel worksheet aren't categorized as in the atteched picture since there were other content elements too (e.g. Account Group Risk)

Hopefully someone can help out here.

Kind regards

Endre Balla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Endrea,

All the data mentioned in the screenshot can be uploaded using MDUG tool as well.

The difference is in the additional features provided by CLM tool .

It is designed to target large amounts of data quickly into the system.Master Data for AC,PC and RM can be uploaded with CLM

With CLM you can deploy , edit (mass)and update the content ie data change management along with downloading template.

Additionally you can do error tracking so the problems can be identified.

The earlier verions of content can be retrieved if required.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Silky,

as I have read in the training Manual of the GRC330 course MDUG can be used for PC master data only.

After creating a demo template via MDUG and checking I, indeed, couldnt find any AC master data such as rule set. How can I still manage to export/import those with MDUG?

Thanks again in advance for the answers.

Kind regards

Endre

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDUG is a tool for PC only.  To the extent that master data is shared between AC and PC, such as organization, process, and subprocess, those could be loaded via MDUG.  MDUG cannot be used for rule sets. 

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Endre,

As said above MDUG is specific to PC. but CLM is used across all four components of GRC( PC,AC,RM and GTS).Access Control data like Rule Sets,Functions etc., can be managed by CLM.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeshwari,

That is very interesting; in which SP did CLM change to be used across all four components of GRC? That is not what the posted Operations guide seems to say. Is an update to the Operations guide pending?

CF:

Chapter 5 Monitoring and Managing Content Lifecycle Management (CLM)

The information in this section is applicable only for Content Lifecycle Management (CLM), and is relevant only for the applications that integrate with CLM.

CAUTION

This section applies only to SAP Process Control 10.0 and SAP Risk Management 10.0

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718172

Thanks,

Gretchen

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

For details, you can refer to SAP note 1621571.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeshwari,

Thank you, so comparing these two documents it seems that the CLM guide and the Access Control Operations Guide are not consistent. Is there a target date for getting these documents in agreement on the use of CLM within Access Control?

Thanks,

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Where can i find a CLM upload template?

thanks

rp

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks to all 3 of you for your assistance in this topic &, of course, your fast answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Endre,

The basic principle of CLM and MDUG is same. However, CLM is configured in GRC10.0 after

considering the errors that we had faced with MDUG in PC3.0.

CLM is much more optimized and helpfull when transporting the data from one system to another

for example:- from QA to DEV system..

The screenshot attached is basically giving us the details about the master data which is supported by CLM.

For settings or configuration please refer to the above SAP Note recommended.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhil Chopra

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Endre,

For more details on CLM, you can refer to SAP note 1621571 whih has User Guide. Here you can find find the detailed content  on what kind of data can be uploaded using CLM along with other useful information.

regards,

Rajeshwari