cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing from SAP to Xerox MFPs (.pri files required)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , This is my first discussion. Just now registered. I would like to request to provide me suitable .pri file to print on Xerox printers 5225A,7120,5645 & 5735. And is this .pri file a print driver to print from SAP.  Thanks and Regards- Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander, thank you so much for your reply and information shared. Can you pl. be more clear that from where i can get .pri files from for various models of Xerox printers to print from SAP. Is there any methodology i need to fallow to print jobs from SAP to xerox printer ?

Thanks and Best regards

Murali

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

the *.pri files for Xerox printers can be found as an attachment to the mentioned "Printer Vendor Program Wizard note for Xerox" SAPnote 1447606.

The print process from SAP ABAP Web Application Server is not printer-model-specific. It works the same regardless of what exact printer model is actually connected/configured.

The simplest way of printing is printing from a screen ABAP list using menu "System->List->Print" or from an ALV list using the printer icon.

Best regards,

Alexander

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

there is a program called "SAP Printer Vendor Program" where printer vendors build so-called SAP device types (these are the *.PRI files you refer to,they control printing from NW ABAP server) for their printer models. Xerox is member of SAP PVP.

Check out SAP note  1130927  and related note  1097990. The latter points to note  1447606 on Xerox device types. Maybe there is already a device type for your Xerox printer models.

If not, log a CSS message in BC-CCM-PRN and request one from Xerox.

Best regards,

Alexander