Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO must validate excise Part 2 entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i checked few scenarios while capturing MIRO,like

1.case:

I captured excise but not posted it gave error message excise part 2 not done.

got the error message

RG23 Part II posting not yet done

Message no. 8I478

2 .case

I captured excise part 1 only,without capturing part 2 and posting the excise invoice

then did MIRO,i can able to capture

please suggest how to deal with scenario.

Thanks in Advance

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

First Case - You have captured "Part 1" entry but not posted "Part 2" entry, so you got error message in MIRO. System check the corresponding "Part 2" entry against "Part 1" entry and if it is not found, error message will be issued in MIRO, as happened in this case.

Second Case - You have selected "Only Part 1" option during GR. With this option system doesn't post "Part 1" entry. So, as there is no "Part 1" entry, system doesn't check for respective "Part 2" entry and doesn't issue error message in MIRO.

For this reason always select "Only capture excise invoice" option in GR, so that the "Part 1" entry automatically gets captured.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I have seen the question status as "Not Answered". The root cause for this issue was the selection of excise entry option in MIGO. I hope you have understood the difference between the two. Do you need any more help on this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Answer very helpful to us,but in case user only checked for part1 ,can able to do MIRO without capturing excise please suggest,how can we avoid this

Regards,

Varun

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

This is standard system design, if MIGO is posted with "Only Part1" option then MIRO can be posted without posting part 2 but in MIRO simulation excise amounts will not be displayed so vendor invoice amount will not match. This is one check point.

Explore the authorization objects in CIN and try to restrict the use of "Only Part1" option via authorization. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing MIRO system should not post the document if Part -2 posting is not done the message you got is correct it will only post the doucment when Part-2 entry is posted.  Client requires this to validate that before making payment to vendor Part 2 entry should be posted other wise this amount will not be utilised.

Kiran

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos