cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Activities based on earliest start date in Gant Chart (CN47)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I generated output (Gantt Chart) for Activity Number 10 of say 20 Projects using transaction code CN47.

But now i want to sort activities in the output based on earliest start date, means first bar in gant chart should be the activity with the earliest date in the list of activities and so on. Is this possible.

Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using Filter furnctionality. Hope you will get those ones.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thank you for the quick update, but with filter i can only reduce/increate number of activities in the output. But i need to sort these based on earliest dates.

Regards.
Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

In grantt chart screen press ctrl+Shift+f1(Extra->Earlilest/Latest).

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Now you have all the activities with number 10 in your gantt chart view.

You want to see first bar line should be first earliest date and second one should next eariest date and so on in the chart.

In that case go to Earliest dates column and select, cick on sort funtion assending order level. Hope that would give you what you are looking for.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pranav,

With this i get earliest and lates dates on the bar chart, but the activities does not get sorted.

Hi Sudhakar,

With this activities gets sorted per project not for all projects.

e.g if i select activity 10 and 20 for few projects, system sorts activity 10 and 20 for project 1, then 10 and 20 for project 2 and so on.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Try sort function with two columns(Firstly select activity then project).

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav, Sudhakar,

It worked by going to VIEW --> Sort/Summarse Group --> Group in asending order --> u ncheck Prj Def and WBS elements, then we are able to sort.

Thank you

Regards,

Jatinder