cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Syndicator: Cannot split Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to syndicate some data from the main table, among them a Hierarchy field (Lookup [Hierarch] (multi-valued)) and a Taxonomie field (Lookup [Taxonomy])

While right-clicking the Taxonomie in the section Source Item, I have the option to Split Hierarchy Field (From Leaf and From Root). This is very helpful to split the data.

If I use this option with the Hierarchy field, it is greyed-out and I cannot split the hierarchy fields.

Can anybody tell me how I can split a Hierarchy field?

Many thanks!

Pasci

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Please check whether you have the Read/Write options for the Tables and Fields for your role. Few a time Read/Write options will be enabled against that particular table but against the Tables and Fields options it will be disabled. Hence check against your role whether you have the autorisation for Read/Write against the Summary Tables and Fields options and against that table fields.

Regards,

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

That's a valuable remark but does not solve the problem as I have administrator rights for this repository.

Any other idea? 😉

Regards,

Pasci

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pasci,

Only right clicking on the Hierarchy Table name would make the options enable. You should not do the right click on the fields. For example if Product Hierarchy is the table name and you have abc,def,ghi fields under that table, In the Source Items mapping you have to do the right click on Product Hierarchy which is the table name. Are you sure you are doing like this only?

Regards,

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thamizh,

Thanks again for your help. I found the reason myself. The problem is that the hierarchy is a multi-valued hierarchy and obviously this Split Hierarchy does not work on mult-valued hierarchies. The feature Split Multi-Valued Field, however, works - but that does not solve my probelm. Too bad.

Looks like I have to go for a different approach.

Thanks anyway for your support and time!

Regards,

Pasci

Answers (0)