Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decentralized adapter engine with PI 7.31 single stack

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have read in this post (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27374) that for the single stack there is not going to be

any support for a decentralized adapter engine. Could anyone confirm this information?

And what is the plan to do with scenario which use a decentralized aae in dmz for B2B communication?

Is this going to be supported in future like it is on dual stack?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>any support for a decentralized adapter engine. Could anyone confirm this information?

the same thing I got from the last teched

>>>And what is the plan to do with scenario which use a decentralized aae in dmz for B2B communication?

you can use another single stack AEX instead of decentralied adapter engine - that's the replacement I believe

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

thanks for your helpful reply. I just want to discuss the AEX solution instead of decentralized AAE.

I have thought about the AEX solution, for example having a second AEX in DMZ. But i think this brings in two disadvantages to the contrary dec. AAE.

Disadvantages:

1. Different monitoring environments
  2. Second ESR and IB
  3. Any more?

I like the possibility of central monitoring and configuration of the dec. AAE. I think loosing this, makes

a second adapater engine more unattractive, isn't it?

Regards,

Markus

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Disadvantages:

1. Different monitoring environments
  2. Second ESR and IB
  3. Any more?

this is not how I understood it

AEX should be used as a decentralized adapter for main AEX

that's why SAP is calling it "Decentralized AEX deployment is supported"

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a06d79f3-d094-2e10-1a81-f4d802d0b...

unless SAP is talking about monitoring only (via solman) and one ESR (for federation)

but to be honest I have not seen this with AEX yet,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

great news there. I would like to know more about this option .

We have got SolMan but, we can't use it with 7.11 yet, because we are on SP4.

We decided to wait for the single stack an leave the dual stack as is. We are not migrating right now,

because the BPM solution doesn't seem to be stable and useable enough to do it this year. But

we are very interested moving towards BPMN, as i always hated the propriatary graphical notation for BPEL which was supported in PI before ... and there are whole new possibilities coming up with it.

For this year we decided to move things forward by replacing an old FTP-Server in our DMZ, which is use for B2B purposes, with a PI component within the DMZ. Therefore we want to use a decentralized AAE or AEX. We would like to go a future-proof way, so that our effort is not going to be blown away when migrating to single stack process orchestration.

I guess it is not possible using an AEX together with PI 7.11 SP4, right?

How about installing an up to date AEX and forwarding request without using Interface Mapping straight to the internal PI in the intranet using XI-Adapter?

This would cause two monitoring and development effort, but could we use the same AEX as decentralized AEX later on after migrating to single stack PO? Or is it a different installation type of AEX as decentralized or central AEX?

Lot's of questions arising, any idea how to answer them?

Regards,
Markus

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I guess it is not possible using an AEX together with PI 7.11 SP4, right?

I don't think so but... this is a good  question for OSS which might tell you that AEX to AEX solution works as decentralized (do you know what I mean ? just write the OSS note properly

once you get the confirmation that you can go ahead but I'd do the 2 AEX install

(AEX install is 2-3 hours at least from my experience on my laptop) so it's not a lot

and you can continue with the proper landscape - the same one which you'd like to have

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Michal Krawczyk wrote:

once you get the confirmation that you can go ahead but I'd do the 2 AEX install

(AEX install is 2-3 hours at least from my experience on my laptop) so it's not a lot

and you can continue with the proper landscape - the same one which you'd like to have

what do you mean by I'd do the 2 AEX install? You would go for PO + decentralized AEX right now?

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

May I know which options you have used?

Is it a separate AEX for DMZ  or  have used decentralized Adapter Engine?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

any updates on this topic?

Kind regards,

Markus