cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart commitment in WBS budget report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

We have a requirement wherein users want to have shopping carts commitment in the WBS budget report.

Currently the situation is that a user creates an SC, say, of 100 Rs assuming the budget is 120 Rs. Now SC awaits approval and in the meantime, some other user increases the PO value with the same WBS element by, say, 30 Rs. So effectively, by the time the SC gets approved, it gets stuck because the available budget is only 90Rs.

So to avoid this situation, we want to have SC commitments in the WBS bdget report so that system throws an error when the 2nd user tries to increase the PO value and does not hold the SC.

Another thing: while creating the SC, we may make use of "Budget" display in SRM but it's only for the information and does not have any impact on the available budget until the PO is in place.

Please let me know your inputs/ suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The requirement which you have is non-standard requirement and SAP have Note

Note 900825 - Shopping cart commitment

which explain the same situation which you are looking, Updating commitment while Ordering Shopping cart but then you have to pay extra fee to SAP. In this note they have referred a Person you have to contact in order to get the changes.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should refer SAP Note: Note 1081758 - FAQ: Budget Check/Display

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I checked this note but couldn't get much clarity.

Would the SC commitment get loaded under "Assigned" budget in the WBS budget report after implementing this note?

Thanks,

Ajay