cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SPAM

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm applying some support packages to quality server, 000 DDIC. However, we are stuck in DDIC_ACTIVATION where we need to import a correction transport from development.

When I run stms & import the transport in 000 / dev client, it gives an error "OCS locked by user ___ with transaction SPAM".

I'm not able to reset the queue either. Please suggest how to proceed ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jay,

You can't reset the queue using SPAM at this stage. There is a funcion module that will still work but it is too late to do this and I will not recomend it and hence won't give you its name 🙂 It will potentially damage the system beyond repair.

So forget the reset part. DDIC_IMPORT is already done. Restoring backup would be better option.

What you can do in this case is try to open the quality system for modifications and then make the changes manually.Another way to do this could be by-passing STMS and using TP import but I wouldnot like to use that at first. Much rather would prefer the manual change. Shouldn't be an issue with quality. Production would have been a different story with a layer of approvals !

Regards.

Ruchit.

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. I preferred to transport using tp and it is resolved... I was not sure if it is good to register developer in quality? Please confirm if that would have been fine ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good that it worked. TP is also fine.

In theory it is very least likely that would need to register a developer exclusively for quality in the SAP  Marketplace. Reason is simple developer access key is installation number dependent and not SAP<SID> dependent. So if development and quality have same installation number and you have the developer's user id in quality also he can use his developement access key in quality or for that matter any system under that installation !!

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit.. thank you. I understand that developer would be able to register himself in quality or production too. Also you said it is least likely, so that means it is anyway not recommended to allow a developer register in qlty / production. Can you tell me if this is possible to restrict the developer from doing so ? <just a thought to improvise the system>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

I used least likely in another context which is it is least likely that seperate installation numbers would be used for development and quaility/production. So developer needs to be registered only once on the MARKETPLACE. Of course your least likely is also valid but then you don't need to worry. Quality and Production would have control over modifications using system (SE06) and client (SCC4) settings. The developer already knows his key but if he tries to change any code SE06 and SCC4 settings (provided done properly) would debar him from doing so.

SAP has been designed very smartly over theyears and such safeguards have been kept in place.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (0)