cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales BOM confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am testing my BOM (ERLA process) configuration and wondering about few things.

1. Item 10 is the one I setup in CS01. Item 20 is the component of the BOM. I am wondering why I am automatically getting 228 as the quantity for item 20. See image below.

2. Am I suppose to get price on item 20? I thought when it is ERLA, price for the component will not be shown but on my image below, it has 50 as price.

3. Even before setting up my BOM, my item 10 is a regular material and it has price of 60. After setting it up as BOM, I still get 60 on the sales order but when I check the analysis of the pricing (see image below), I get 13,680 as the price. Why is it happening? I thought I should only get there 60 since it is the price of the item 10 that I setup on VK11.

what is wrong with my config? I did not do anything on the item category determination. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

your 3 question , in the price it takes

10 item 1 PAL - 60

but system takes 228 PAC - (60*228)= 13680

System i takes 1PAL = 228 PAC

check you materiel master  -- at additional data , what is the sale unit  measure, sale unit of measeure you will maintain  ,

i think here you will maintain the 1 PAL = 228 PAC

so system will pick automatic of sub item quantity as 228, when you maintain the 1 PAL ,for sub item , for 228 PAC ,

please check the material also ,

at you condition screen shot here 60 rupees for for 1 PAC , so system calculate the 60*228 = 13680

you change the condition unit of measure , 1 PAL , then it will come 60*1 = 60

please check this

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you people. issue is about uom conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SJIJUN,

ERLA/ LUMF are item cat group used in BOM. in ERLA main item priced and sub items are not priced, where in LUMF main item are non priced ,sub items are priced. this is totally controlled by item categories .

ERLA setting are ( VOV4)

OR  ERLA      --    TAQ        ( for main material)

OR  NORM  TAQ  TAE        ( for sub items )

1) please check your assignment in CS01 , i think you assigned sub item quantity 228 for 1 main item

2 ) Check which item cat was determined for sub items , it should be TAE. where TAE was not relevant for price, so the line item 20 is not priced.

Do the above setting , hope it will be work fine.

If you want further clarification , please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

patchala,

1. I already checked CS01 many times and the only sub-item there has quantity of 1 (one) and not 228 which is why I am wondering why I am getting 228 as the quantity.

for the item category determination, I already have that too.

OR  ERLA      --    TAQ        ( for main material)

OR  NORM  TAQ  TAE        ( for sub items )

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI sJIJUN,

you maintain  quantity conversion between base unit of measure and sales unit of measure. (1 PAL = 228 pac) in material master,so system will propose 228 PAC . do the setting as required. 

Regards,

Patchala.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar ,

First check ur CS01 for 1 main item how many sub item u r config

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only set one sub-item.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I only set one sub-item.

and quantity how much u have given

Regards

Ramesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when it is ERLA, price for the component will not be shown

No for information, ERLA and LUMF which are used in sales BOM are the Item Category Groups (assigned in material master) used to assign the default item category to your sale order type in VOV8.  In standard, for sales BOM, the item categories are TAP and TAQ.  Search the forum for configuration details and compare your settings whether it is in line with that.

G. Lakshmipathi