Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Management workbench page missing in new tenant

sun_deng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

I configured a new tenant in my ESO system. with assigned security profile, the Contract Management pages is avaible in my page managerment.  But it is still missing in my workbench.  Do you know there is any more configuration needed to set the page visible? thanks!

I am also the owner of this page:

Kindly help!

Thanks!

Sun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

This looks very similar to a problem I had, my workbench tabs were not showing on the navigation bar. The problem was caused because I created the workbench templates directly in the system, the fix was to import the workbench templates from the workbook.

The reason for this is that in the workbook there is a column called TOP_MENU_ACTION_ID that is populated with contract_management etc. It is not possible to enter this field in the system, it must be done through importing from the workbook.

If you did use the workbook to import the workbench templates then I am not sure what the issue may be, everything looks as it should to me.

I hope this helps to fix your problem.

Thanks

Dan

sun_deng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan.

I did used workbook..

But with you information, I double checked my workbook.. In tab wb_pages. I found you mentioned TOP_MENU_ACTION_ID. but seemed it is not a madatory fields. do you remember what did you input here?

further more, I found I imported the workbook twice with 2 different company external ID. so I have 2 companies in my tenant. I am not sure if the d the related two context might cause incompatibilites...

Do you think there might some restriction between the context,authority profile and page object, etc?

Regards

Sun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

The solution provided to me from the SAP help desk was to use the Enterprise workbook and tab eso_wb_pages as that has all the workbench page templates in it and the TOP_MENU_ACTION_ID column populated. The column is shown below:

EXTERNAL_IDPAGE_NAME_RESCTOP_MENU_ACTION_ID
workbench.top_menu.spend_and_complianceportal$portal.channel.name.reportsspend_and_compliance
workbench.top_menu.project_managementportal$portal.page.name.default_buyer_page.projectproject_management
workbench.top_menu.enterprise_sourcingportal$portal.page.name.default_buyer_page.esourcingenterprise_sourcing
workbench.top_menu.contract_managementportal$portal.page.name.default_buyer_page.contractcontract_management
workbench.top_menu.vendor_managementportal$portal.page.name.default_buyer_page.suppliervendor_management
workbench.top_menu.srm_xpressportal$portal.page.name.default_buyer_page.xpresssrm_xpress

While investigating the issue it was identified that if you had not installed the license for a module then the tab would not appear at the top. It might be worth checking that in: Setup > System Management > System Information > Components > SRM Module Licenses, that the Contracts license is installed and valid.

Thanks

Dan

sun_deng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Dan,

Thank you for you informaiton.I've checked, it is almost the same. meanwhile, since I've import the workbook instead of create, i guess this TOP_MENU_ACTION_ID might not where the rub is.

I've re-configure a new tenant and check the workbook carefully then everything is OK.

Althought my old tanant still has problem, but the corectness of the new tanant hint it is most possible that the wrong workbook data for the companies with different context ID, Name, etc. which might cause the issue...

I'll close this session. Thank you again for you help

Regards

Sun

Answers (0)