cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to create an inspection plan with a single MIC.

The aim of the plan is to undertake Attribute Inspection based on ISO 2849.

I have created a new MIC..

In the inspeciton plan I have assigned the MIC to it.

I have also created a "Samplign Plan" based on ISO 2849 with an AQL 2.5 etc.

So now when I try to allot the "Sampling Plan" to the MIC in the Inspection Plan, I get a similar message:

Saying that the valuation code of the sampling plan does not match the MIC.

I have tried to change the MIC from Qualitative to Quantitative and back, but nothing seems to work. Does any one know the trick ?

SG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Follow the following steps:-

1. You first create Catalog (QS41).

2. Then create Selected Set (QS51).

3. Create Inspec. method (QS31)

4. Now create MIC (QS21) & assign S.Set and inspection method in that. If u will assing here these thing then there is no need to assing these in insp. plan automatically it will take thae values from MIC in inspection plan.

5. Now create sampling scheme (QDP1)

6. Then Sampling procedure (QDV1).

7. Create Dynamic modification rule (QDR1)
8. Assign DMR to Sampling procedure (QDB1)
9. Now Create ur inspection plan (QP01) & assign the sampling procedure there.

10. Now go to QA32 give the selection criteria-->select the lot--> go to results tab. Here you can see the samples are selected according to ur sampling scheme and the characteristics too for which u want to do UD.

Please let me know if u r still facing the problem ... i think this will help u out..

Maneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maneesh,

Thanks for your detailed response. I followed all the instructions suggested by you. However the system is still not generating samples:

When I go to QA32, select the lot and then click on Results, a dialog appears asking for inspeciton points, so no inpection points are getting generated some how.

I checked the header of the Inspeciton Plan. Inspeciton Points have been defined as "Physical Samples" ...any ideas ?

S Gupta    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something is wrong somewhere ....You want to create "sample " which means "physical sample"....you never said so !!! 

Refer my thread earlier what I was trying to say....

For creating physical sample you should have

1.sampling procedure related to "sample mangment " should be assigned to all MIC's

2.Sample drawing procedure must be assigned to the inspection plan header.

I am very sure that ,since your first thread you are not very clear about what exactly you are looking for !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm....ok, this is my fault. I should have clarified that samples are physical. But thats because I thought thats by default.

Any how, I have checked what your suggested. There is only 1 MIC and it has a a "Sampling Plan" which is assigned as you mentioned above.

The sample drawing procedure in the Inspection Plan header is also a correct.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you are talking about "sampling procedure" which you are trying to assign to MIC and not  "Sampling Plan".

As  "Sampling Plan" is assigned to sampling scheme which is assigned to sampling procedure.

Now

Thumb rule is when its

1.If Quantitaive MIC then assign a sampling procedure with "Variable " valuation mode.

1.If Qualitaive MIC then assign a sampling procedure with "attribute " valuation mode.

Its not written somewhere ,but its can be seen from practice !

Start from the scarch,Best thing I follow is -->go to charectaristic overview in inspection plan-->assign Sampling procedure first then enter the MIC -->now it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your response. However its still not working out:

1. Entered the " Sampling Procedure" into the Inspection Plan

2. Entered the MIC (Qualitiative) in the IP

3. Confirmed that it is a Qualitative Inspection Point

Now its asking for a catalogue !

Any ideas ?

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Now its working for catalogs ! means what ?

if every thing is correct then it has to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I did manage to get the whole thing setup.

But now when I generate an inspection lot, the system does not generate any samples....

So there are no samples against which the attribute can be recorded...usually te sample size will depend upon the size of the insp lot, so there should be some where a calculation of the samples. But this does not seem to be happening.

Any ideas Sujit ?

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check the result recording screen & check what is sample size aginst each  for result recording !

Now there is no where sample calculation for a inspection lot is maitained,its just dynamically calculated depending upon few things like isnepction type set up,sampling procedure ,inspection plan settings & most important lot size.In short if sample size for the inspection lot is getting calculated means sample size of individual MIC's also getting calculated.

So there are no samples against which the attribute can be recorded

There is never a sample ,its actually a sample size of the MIC aginst which you record the result.

sample is created when you have "physical sample in place" ,I am sure you are  not refering to "physical sample" here.