cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CREATE UNIVERSE BASE ON BEX QUERY ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am using SAP BO 4.0.

I want to create universe based on SAP Bex Query.

I have created OLAP Connection based on Cube but when i m generating webi reports at that time its showing only cubes name not Bex Query.

Please guide me experts.

Many Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Divyesh PAtel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create the the connection, place the name of your query in the search box. It should search for the query on its own. Make sure you 'check' allow external searches possible (dunno the exact wording) property in the Bex query and then search it on the technical name.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

I have search that one but its not showing any bex query.

I have activated all standard bex quey then also its not showing in connection.

Regards,

Divyesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting any error message? What happens when you search?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

i didn't get any error but Unable to enable "allow external access to this query" in BEx Query Designer 7.x

Regards,

Divyesh PAtel

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case you need to enable the option to allow external access...only then the applications external to BEx query designer will be able to view and access it. IF you are not able to enable it, check your access rights. Are you able to enable any other query? Are you able to view that query through designer? Try and let me know what happens...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I have tried so many query but when i cheeked check box and save at that time its OK but when i open same query again at that time query is unchecked .

Regards,

Divyesh PAtel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you try with your colleagues ID, someone who has higher access than your id? Once the external access is enabled you will be able to create the Univers and WebI reports on it.

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

I have admin rights.

Regards,

Divyesh PAtel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

I have admin rights.

Regards,

Divyesh PAtel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyesh,

Just to be sure, are you in a edit mode when you enable the external access? If not then open your query in edit mode and then enable it.

If that too does not help then have a word with your basis team regarding this issue.

Thanks.

Sujit Honrao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

I have done but its showing the same.

Regards,

Divyesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check the settings in RSRT transaction called “Use selection of Structure Members”. This allows Business Objects to read the structures in BEX query

Sujit Honrao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

This may be  issue with SAP GUI version. 

Please updated your SAP GUI to level 9 and try to enable "External Access".  It should work.

Thanks

Pavani.

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sujit,

Can u please tell me where this option available in rsrt “Use selection of Structure Members”.And use of this option?????

Thanks

Anish Mahadik

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of days ago, I had the same problem. The reason for this issue is SAP GUI and your Bex Tools installed in your computer. Uninstall and reinstall your SAP GUI with Bex.