cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Refresh RFC+Transport control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

I have few questions about System Refresh your answer will be really appreciated

PRD server has client 500 only, and QAS server has clients 400, 410, 420, 430

System will refresh from PRD to QAS

DB:     SQL 2008

Apps:  ECC 6

1. In QAS– I created 1 transport to save RFC connections, and transport saved in QAS, what will be happened after system Refresh, is that will be over-write? Or how do I will find out this transport after system refresh

1. How to create list of transport which is not implemented in PRD, will I get PRD buffers and saved these transport, note that we are using STMS

1. After refresh QAS will show only client 500, same as in PRD, will I create a new client 410, and client copy in QAS 500 to QAS 410, and then run BDRS Source system QAS – 500 and target QAS 410 (what you say)?  

1. After refresh, all PRD user will copy in QAS with same security how to control this issue?

Many thank in advance

Angeline

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. When you create the transport for RFC tables , release them immediately . Note down the transport request number . Check the data files and cofiles exist under /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles directories respectively. If required save them to some other location so as to have a backup.

2. Before you restore the QAS system , compare the import history of QAS and PRD , the ones which are additional in QAS and not found in PRD , needs to imported again after the refresh.

3. First run BDLS on client 500 after system refresh. This would convert the logical system name in 500 client. Then create a client 410 and do the local client copy. Local client copy would run BDLS during the process in the last steps.

4. Before you restore the system , export the client 410 using the client copy profile SAP_USER and the import the request into client 500 after the refresh. This would save the user master and authorization profiles of the QAS client 410 and after refresh you can have the same users with the same authorization profiles in client 500 of QAS.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. thats so perfect; and good hints, sure I will copy trans directory somewhere in network and I already note transport number

2. compare transport buffers, so you are saying login in QAS and check import buffers (I already check it shows only 5 transports ( so these 5 transport will re-import in QAS after refresh) please conform?

3. O so you saying after system copy, I run DBLS in client 500 then do client copy, and after client copy do DBLS again for 410 client ? this is little tricky, correct me if am wrong

4. when i export client 410 before refresh, then import the request into client 500, thats mean will be overwrite, is that i will do import before DBLS or after...

i am so much thanks your time

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

Here are the answers for respective questions

1.Before refresh happens relase this transport.Absolutely make sure that this has a target so that data file and cofile gets generated. If not released and that too with a target the transport would be lost because at this point it is just an entry in E07* tables which will get overwritten by PRD values post refresh.You can also do the stuff at OS level using R3trans. At SAP level you may use TOC (transport of copies) request since customzing/workbench will get created without a target by defautl

2.It is possible. SAP note 397138 should come in handy. It is very useful note for TMS copies and has served me well over the years. It states it is for 3 system landscape but I have used it in more that ..However you need to selectively implement the steps in this note based on your requirekents >It assumes that you qaulaity system is a Quality Assurance system from TMS perspective. If not then simply download a list of transports in quality but not in production and import them post copy. This step is infact the last step in the note.

3. Yeah that should work out absolutely nice.

4.Well you can retain the controls so as to know what to expect in production. I mean authoriazation testing has to be a part of any testing process. However if it a unit test system and you still want to a bit relaxed about authorizations then you might want to take a client 410 export using SAP_USER profile and import it back. But if this is the quality gateway to production retain the authorizations. Makes whole lot of sense !!

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

You been so helpfull always, thanks a lot for your times

pretty much your answers same like others, I get bit confidence now

your answer number 4, everyone said export users, do you know how to procedure is that or steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

For point 4 as I said one option is to not bother about authorizations because if there are authorization issues in testing system post refresh it will give you a chance to fix those issues and ensure that you don't encounter the same in prdocution.

So personally I am not a fan of being botherred about authorization particularly if the system is quality gateway to production.

But regardless of that it would helpful fo you to anyways know client export/import thing we all talked about.It is a form of client copy only only thing is you use it for copies across systems. In this case while you may say that well the quality system is the same it actually will not be pre and post system copy !

You do a client export before refresh using SCC8 and profile SAP_USER (check available profiles and see if there is any that suits you better but only user master specific not profiles like SAP_ALL,SAP_CUST etc.) and then do the client export. It will create transport request (s) for you. Posst refresh you need to import back the transport into the system and then run post processing using SCC7. And here is the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/69/c24c824ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi angeline,

1.For point 1 yu can follow the steps in the link below.You can either create a transport of relevant tables and release the request.You should always a request to create the data file and co files without these you will not be able to use the transports after the refresh in the system.

Link:

2.I think you mean to say how you will be able to use the transports which were released and not imported into QAS after refresh.If that is the case you can use the copy of the import buffer file and data files and cofiles to repopulate the buffer after the refresh.

3.This should be based on the requirement of your client.Based on what the new client number they want for example 410 you can do a copy from 500 to 410 and run bdls

4.For this you have to export all the user master tables via R3trans or create a transport of the required tables and release it.

Additonally you can read thru the following link before you start with your refresh.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/1a/b721d052694edd92c6ea99e416dd8f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevan

Thanks a lot for this info. thats really helpfull, I already created transport but I will released it today

for system copy normally copy and past datafile and logfile over the OS level such as windows

and transports go to in trans directory, so I think that will be ok, but I already get screenshot QAS RFC connection incase

Thanks again for your time