Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to delete item

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

I have a requeriment that I am not sure how to solve. We need a user cannot delete items . This is because when item is deleted the cProject linked is also deleted, but if cProject is already released it cannot be deleted, then items are deleted and cProject remains in the system.

We have evaluated the option " hide button item delete"" and we will do this if we don't find another solution.

Does someone if we can prevent that the item administrator cannot delete the item or at least cannot delete when cProject it is not deleted at the same time?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

Like you have mentioned "Hide button Item delete" is an option, only other option I see is to have a enhancement to check the status of the cproject and set up deletion logic for Item.

On the same lines don't you synchronize the Item and cProject statuses? In your case is it possible that Item is not released and cProject is released?

regards

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

I am able to delete released items! I am wondering what are the deletion rules for items...

Best regards,

Neil

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

What do you mean by release items?

Regarding deletion rules - anyone who has the Admin access should be able to delete items irrespective of the state of items.

Cheers

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Hiding delete button for all is best option. The administrator of item can delete the item in any status. If the item is part of any review or initiative, system will not allow to delete the item irrespective of your role.

We had one case in past wherein administrator by mistake deleted active item, so my advise is to to hide the delete button for all.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice!