Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract mass messages from PI to a file

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a unique requirement from our PST (Performance & Stress Testing) team. We would like extract 100s of messages from one of our PI systems in a .xml format (preferebely). We can individually extract these messages from either Messages Moni in RWB or SXMB_MON. But, it is takes lots of time and not effective when we want to extract 100s of messages. So, is there an ABAP program, job, etc that I can use to extract PI messages to an XML file. We are on PI 7.11

Thank you in advance,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create a ABAP wrapper over the standard SAP FM: SXMB_READ_MESSAGE_VERSION_RAW to pass multiple message IDs and extract the corresponding payloads.

check this blog: http://scn.sap.com/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2008/09/15/xipi-message-payload-from-java

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen, this was helpful. Is there a similar method for messages sitting on Java stack only i.e. Integrated Configuration scenario message where Integration Engine is not used.

Thanks,
Mayur

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe, yes you can

check this link: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XI+Tables

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

Once you have the 100's of message payloads in XML format, what is the next step for the PST team? Personally I feel that it's a tedious request.

If performance and stress testing is key driver for this initiative you would only require 1 sample message for each of the interfaces you have developed and use that in a tool specifically designed for stress/load and performance tests. You can even do this in free SoapUI but it all depends on the requirement of course.

Regards, Trevor

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor,

Yes we have looked into this option as well. But, I just wanted to see if there a better way to get a good mix of messages instead of just make million copies of same message.

Thanks,
Mayur