Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI and MQ Series

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

There  have been a discussion of migration of exisiting MQ series application to SAP XI.

Can anyone help with any content  of advantages and disadvantages.

Some useful links will also be helpful.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though it is possible to migrate one mq series system to SAP, you need to make checklist about what do you have in your existing interfaces.  Based on that only you can decide about migration advantages and disadvantages. PI latest versions support Topic inaddition to existing Queue mechanism too. Please refer SAP JMS adapters overview link and see the features and compare them with your current message queue features.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar.

I think JMS adapter is needs to be used, then i have to get all the details from the business about the version and the queries .

But one think, which i still have confusion is that to connect to MQ series .

And also, the script that is running right now on there server, will be still running on  there server or we will need to migrate the scripts as well.

Regards,

Ravi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>But one think, which i still have confusion is that to connect to MQ series .

You can deploy the jms drivers of different vendors in PI and establish connect to messaging system.  This is pretty similar to deploying jdbc drivers.  So there wont be any issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

IBM middleware suit comes with MQ+Message broker , if your client want to migrat IBM middleware suit to SAP XI then very much possible.

But only developed XSLT mappings can be reused but other stuff not possible to reuse in SAP PI.

I dont wanna name anything as a Adavatage or disadavatage,but it is client specific and client has to think ROI .

Chosing/migrating to other middleware depends on N number of factors like current client landscape and type of integration.

google it you will find more info.

Regards,

Raj