Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add/alter the HTTP headers from within a custom Adapter Module

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a custom adapter module to be used by the SOAP receiver adapter. I would like to replicate few of the features of the MessageTransformationBean in addition to some other changes that I want to do.

Does any one have any idea on how to get the current HTTP headers for the message and change them in the module similar to the above SAP standard been? Specifically, I would like to add/alter the HTTP headers like Content-Type, Content-Encoding etc.

Thanks for the help,

Regards,

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unlike the stateless session beans, do I have to develop a stateful session bean for this requirement? Could anyone comment?

VJ

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found a built in solution for this. Thanks everyone.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayashankar,

I have a requirement to add HTTP Header value in SOAP Receiver Adapter.

Could you share the solution, how you achieved?

Best Regards,

Suresh S

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to -

Regards,

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the response.

I have few more fields to pass like User name, Password etc., I need to check this.

XMBWS.EncodinggzipAdds Content-Encoding header along with encoding

I need to understand Header encoding part alone, customer doesn't require any zipped format and also the payload encoded.

Is it possible to encode Header fields alone using this part?

Please Confirm.

Best Regards,

Suresh S

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think so. These are standard header field features provided by the adapter.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any inputs?

VJ

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VijayaShankar,

>>Specifically, I would like to add/alter the HTTP headers like Content-Type, Content-Encoding etc.

I guess it is not possible to use MessageTransformBean/Custom module to change the Content-Type in SOAP adapter, did you already check this thread discussing the same and a solution to achieve this?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1286456

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am aware of using no SOAP envelope in the adapter helps changing the content type. I do not want too many adapter module in module chain. Instead I would want to do that in my custom module. When the MessageTransformationBean able to do that, guess, I should also be able to do that.

VJ.