cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap web dynpro ALV filtering. Can the dash be substituted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

On an ABAP web dypro ALV, the filter can be displayed and values entered. In my case there are dashes inbeded in the material numbers. When a material number is entered in the filter with dashes, SAP interprets this as a search ranges, and as a result return no values. This can be overcome by enclosing the material number in quotes.

However the user community is asking if I can overide the use of a dash to indicate a search range, since they claim that users are forgetting to use the quotes.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks,

rv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You have told that taking Input as Literal - within quote - solves your problem.

Then, I would suggest that you can use Local Variable of Type STRING to store the Material Number. Now, same Input would be treated as Character while processing and hence Numbers with Hyphen would be treated as single string.

Now, pass this Local Variable to further processing in your code. This way you can let your User-Community free from entering Material Number within quotes.

Ex.-

Suppose, I_MATNR is your field that takes Material Number as Input. Declare one Local Variable as LV_MATNR as type of STRING.

Now, read the value given in Input, Pass it to LV_MATNR as below -

LV_MATNR = I_MATNR.

From this point onward, use LV_MATNR for further processing.

Hope this would help you.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.