cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No links to download the Download Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I download the Download Manager? The "Get Download Manager" button opens a documentation page, but there is no Download button. The page has About, Requirements, Installing and Using sections, but no Download button.

I feel like I'm in download hell. I (almost) need the Download Manger to download the Download Manager. Ugh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

A quick message to let you know that we have completely redesigned the Download Manager page. Just click on the row corresponding to your OS, and the Zip file will launch (we've removed the unnecessary option of 'adding to basket' etc). If you require documentation, click on the documentation link on the right of the page.

As always, you require Download Authorization from your company's super-administrator.

Thank you again for your earlier feedback.

Regards,

Chirag

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thank you for that feedback.

We have updated the page, with a prominent "Download" button at the top. We have also updated the individual section titles to better reflect where customers can download SAP Download Manager (As Akram mentions, the download link is in section 3).

Once again, thank you for your input.

Regards,

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply, and for adding the new button. I recently learned that I do not have download authority for our corporate account. Perhaps your download page should check that authority. Because I am missing that authority, I get stuck in a loop:

1) Clicking the link provided by Nicholas opens an SAP Download Manager 2.1 page with an Installation link.

2) Clicking that link shows me the D/L Manager versions, checkboxes for each, and an Add to Download Basket button and a Maintain Download Basket button.

3) Clicking the Maintain Download Basket button shows my basket with its contents, and a Get Download Manager button.

4) If I click the Get Download Manager button, I am shown the Documentation page with a Download Now! button. Clicking that button brings me back to 1).

I realize that all of the above probably happens because I do not have download authority. My point is that the process of requesting a download should be checking that authority, and display a message to the user if they do not have the needed authority.

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your feedback on displaying a message when a customer does not have download authorization. Currenlty, only a 403 error is displayed if you try to download an object without having the appropriate authorizations.

Btw, if you would like download authorization, please contact your super admin. You can find out who you super admin is, by seeing Note 1037574 (basically, log into Support Portal > My Profile > Display my Super and User Administrators). Under My Profile, you can also see a list of your current authorizations.

If and when you do get download authorization (and for other customers reading this who already have download authorization), rather than adding Download Manager to your basket, click the hyperlink in the "Download Object" column in Step 2 you mention above. That way, you can begin downloading the file right away.

Thanks once again.

Chirag

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

A quick follow-up. The Software Download Center has been updated, so that a message saying "You don't have the authorization to download software. To request it, see SAP Note 1037575." is displayed at the top of the page when a customer doesn't have download authorization. This change was rolled-out today, as part of the Q1 updates to the portal.

You can see details on all the Q1 releases via the Spotlight News article posted on the Support Portal.

Thanks,

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have download manager 2.1 but i get error 401 downloading latest version. If i want to upgrade sap download manager i get the same vicious circle. add to basket, get downloadmanager etc. I'm a superadmin, so that should not be the problem???

an error occured while reading the object info form the Service Marketplace, request failed:401

0 Kudos

Hello M,

Rather than adding it to the "download basket", try downloading it directly, by clicking on one of the links in the "Download Object" column. That might bypass the error you are getting, not sure though.

As you are a super-admin, I too am guessing that authorizations isn't the problem, but you can verify that by going to "my profile" > "Display my authorizations"

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

In that documentation page under main heading  "3. Installing Download Manager " you will find a link

'SAP Software Download Center ' will take you to the download page.

Thanks,

Akram

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTIO...

You should able to download the Download Manager with the above link.