cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Configuration" in technical monitoring of Java instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While setting up technical monitoring for ABAP and Java systems we found  that Java instances are missing configuration alerts in the dashboard.

In the technical dashboard we are able to see the configuration alerts for all ABAP systems but for Java stacks we don't see any alerts.

Availability     Performance     Configuration     Exception

Java         X                         X             No Alerts                  X

ABAP      X                         X                    X                       X

This is happening for Java stacks only.

Has anyone noticed this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An update.

We had to move to SPS5 to accoso had to rerun the managed systems, now we've all the alerts.

However there are still errors in extractors and CCDB stores but I believe we'll be able to fix them as we go along.

I'd agree with Satish that in these cases we should rerun the managed system setup

I'd also agree with Jhansi to also check in the templates (custom) if we've not selected the configuration metrics.

Thanks everyone for the inputs.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you activated monitorirng for abap,java stack  separately or taken dual stack?

how you defined the scope in "Define scope" step of the Technical monitoring setup.

you had to choose Dual stack under "Technical scenario " That includes both stacks.

if you define as Technical systems, need to configure java and abap separately.

Please check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhansi,

Thanks for your reply.

These are separate stacks.

For example ECC ABAP and EP stack

Dual stack system is just the solman which was setup under technical scenario.

Here is the screen shot.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

may i knw your techincal monitoring set up, ends with Green,defined proper template for monitoring? you got any warning while activation.

also check the Alert directory browser for pre defined metrics (Techincal monitoring workcenter -> left lower panel -> alert directory browser) exist?

if still problem then check the sap notes for bugs, these are the notes which we refered for other issue. please check

1618858,1652823 , 1675691 ,1700043

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Templates are a copy of existing templates with changed threshold values only.

However after the templates have been selected and assigned sometimes they do end up with yellow warning under "Setup Status" although assignment status is green all the time.

Below warning occurs  for example.

Event hierarchy in template "Customer - SAP J2EE 7.00 - 7.02 - Non PRD" is inconsistent, MEA with ID 005056A2011002DFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX not found.

I tried using standard templates for J2EE 7.00 - 7.02 for CRM JAVA 7.0 / NW7.01 and even though technical monitoring setup completes without any warnings/error, configuration alerts are still missing in dashboard.

Yes the alert directory browser does exist but it reflects the same missing "configuration" alerts for Java stacks.

I've gone through the notes , they are either implemented already or "can not be implemented"

Regards,

Abhishek

satishra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

is Diagnostic Agent on Java System up and running and connected to Solution Manager.

Can you check agent status under agent administration..

and also run CCDB extractors for that system once..

Run CCDB(ConfigurationChangeDatabase) extractors..go to Solman Administration work center -->Infrastructure-->Administration-->ConfigurationChangeDatabase-->TechnicalSystems--> filter for your system and select it.. and click on exectue extractors button