cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hybrid web container chache policies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

After reading SUP documentation and creating some test hybrid web applications, I'm getting to some conclusions, but I'm not quite sure about them! Could anyone put some thoughts on it?

With HWC, synchronization parameters and device synchronization concepts do not make sense! I believe those are only used for offline applications, which are OBJECT API (native) apps, right?

This means, that on demand cache policy does not make sense for HWC, because it happens when a device synchronizes and this scenario doesn't exist in HWC apps ...

So, HWC is only valid for online and DCN cache policies ...

Regards,

SUP STARTER

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely clear...

With HWC, synchronization parameters and device synchronization concepts do not make sense! I believe those are only used for offline applications, which are OBJECT API (native) apps, right?

Yes

This means, that on demand cache policy does not make sense for HWC, because it happens when a device synchronizes and this scenario doesn't exist in HWC apps ...

Yes..

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

And about "So, HWC is only valid for online and DCN cache policies ..."

This leaves scheduled cache policy for both types of apps (native and HWC)

Regards,

SUP Starter

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

can you elaborate what SUP Starter is trying to say in his post?

i am not understanding his statement.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

The word synchronization itself explains its purpose...

It synchronizes the data from the CDB and store it locally in the device for offline access...We cal it offline native apps...

But HWC works as online app.  and it doesn't have client side SQLITE DB to store data locally..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First of all i would like to mansion the same as the discussion happening here is about HWC apps don't have API to synchronize data is very much true.

The HWC application get the records by executing queries on SUP server (CDB) and having cache policies like On demand, scheduled, online and DCN are depends on business requirement. if the business has some master data like "list of customers" or "list of Employee" which doesn't change frequently then you of course can have cache policy like On Demand and Schedule and it make sense too.

prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello prem.

The schedule cache policy maybe so (that's my doubt at the time), but I think that the "on demand" is triggered by sybchronization, and in HWC with cannot do it.

SUP Starter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use all the cache policies for HWC applications including 'on demand'. This 'on demand' policy brings the power of caching where application doesn't have to go to enterprise system every time data is requested.

A simple example is creating an EMPLOYEE SEARCH enterprise application using HWC. Since employee information is master data, once all the data is loaded into CDB, you can design your application to fetch always from CDB using 'on demand' cache policy. This way your application performance would be lot better than defining cache policy as 'on line'. You can achieve this by choosing the 'on demand' cache policy and setting the time interval as very old like 'a week'. This time interval means that when HWC application makes a request, until for a week, local data is returned from cache and after the week it will go the Backend.

This is just an example, you can apply this to many use cases. 'online' and 'on demand' both the application designer choice and they have to choose the right one based on the use case.

Here is the official sybase documentation for latest 2.1.3 release that gives better perspective.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01218.0200/doc/html/fre1294792962953...

Best Regards,

Manne

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, all cache polocies make sense in HWC. Only sync parameters don't. Is that it?

SUP Starter