cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop a job with frequency of 1 hr - after a time period ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Greetings. Am not that much familiar with BASIS activity and hence would appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Job Schedule : with Frequency - and No start after time - does not work ?

We have a job A, running at frequency of 1 hr.

I want to stop this job after 7 am tomorrow.

When i scheduled the job as frequency 1 hr, and No Start after 4.7.2012 7.00 am.

I checked this for testing purpose on a dev environment, with a frequency of 10 min and i found that,

the job keeps running as per frequency, and the time of NO Start, gets postponed after each run.

When i tried to understand the behaviour, it looks like,

when you put the frequency, No start after, does not make sense.

But we have a job running beyond midnight.

But after wards after 7 am, we would not like this job to run.

How do i make the system understand this.

Although i agree that we could manually make the job status from released to schedule and job will stop.

Can anyone help me do this. So that we dont have to manually intervene for routine schedules.

Many Thanks

indu

ps ; got to know it is not possible to automate a job to stop which has been set to run at a frequency.

and No start after - is meant only for that particular job.

and it is not meant to be used for the purpose stated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SM36 job scheduler is simple job scheduler. You cannot control job in such a way. If you are scheduling a job every hour and you do not want to run this job between a specific time interval then this is not possible from SM36.

No start after- This option is used when a job is scheduled and because of some reasons it did not start at scheduled time then this option is used so that it should not run after specific time.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny.

And also learnt that even the job dependency of one job on another, does not work with periodic schedule

Date/time

The job will start at the date and time specified, subject to job priority and the availability of background work processes.

You can further define a timeframe in which the job will run by specifying a time later than which a job will not run. One use of this feature is to prevent periodic jobs from running when they should not. For example, a routine clean-up job scheduled to run only at night is delayed. By defining a start-time window, you will keep this job from being started during the day, when dialog users are active and fewer system resources are available.

After Job

The job will start on the completion of the specified job. You can specify whether the preceding job must complete successfully or not.

Note: Jobs scheduled to start when a preceding job completes cannot be specified as "Periodic jobs".

Regards

indu

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are right.

Thanks

Sunny