cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Decimal Places Rounding during Result Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM experts,

We have a business requirement where in we need to switch off  the Decimal Place Rounding? Is it possible to do so in QM.

Objective is characteristics to be valuated based on the actual value entered.

Example

Plant Level Setting- Additional Decimal Places =0

Decimal Places in Inspection Plan = 2

Max Value say 1.22

Now the requirement is if enter 1.221, system should automatically reject that as 1.221 >1.22. Since 1.221 is rounded to 1.22, system is accepting that. Also if i enter 1.225, its rounded to 1.23 & system rejects that Characteristic.

Please suggest the way to turn off the decimal places rounding or if any other way to fulfill above requirement.

Thanks in advance for coming back.

Regards

Jotiram Lad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its very obvious ...

the requirement is if enter 1.221, system should automatically reject that as 1.221 >1.22

Then why not  Decimal Places in Inspection Plan = 3 instead of 2..??? ( if you are entering 3 decimal place in result recording then why in mic you maintained 2 )

This will solve all  your issues !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guzzar..You are excellent.we can also control in MIC master data..the field decimal we can take as per our requirement..2,3,4...0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith/ Kumar,

My initial proposal was to increase the decimal places but since the MIC and inspection plan is created by third party interface, we have very less control on it. I even tried the plant level settings where extra Decimal place can be added but this did not resolve the Issue.

After suggestion from Hari, i tried the Input Processing Functionality. I activated this in control indicators in  MIC (inspection plan) and selected " Out put according to Significant Digits". This resolved the issue partially, means it works for few MIC, unable to understand the behaviour.

E.g. the Viscosity has specification 1.90 to 2.90, if I enter 2.901, system automatically reject this and this what is desired.

However for Density the range is 0.80 to 0.90, so if i enter .901, it accepts. Rest all settings are same in both MIC's.

Appreciate further suiggestion.

Regards

Jotiram Lad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jotiram,

Try using the input processing control indicator in the MIC.

This indicator ensures that entries for an inspection characteristic are processed using predefined rules (input processing).

Go through the below threads you will get some idea.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3170725

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=293372

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/03/a2663b2d988477e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari,

From the threads above, unable to understand what exactly is to be maintained in Input Processing Config. Any guidelines on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jotiram,

Input processing allows you to:

o Round entered measured values according to your own rules.

o Convert entered measured values using your own formulas.

o Document the original value.

For example, output the entered value (original value) independently of the planned number of

decimal places. If two decimal places have been planned, but your measured value has only one decimal place, then only one decimal place will be output (output = input).

You can also make the number of decimal places dependent on the actual measured size of the measured value (significant digits).

The input is processed using a BAdI method.

To use input processing for measured values, you must first do the following:

o Define the key for input processing, with the attribute of the BAdI parameters, in Customizing. You can find the relevant Customizing table under Quality Management -> Quality Inspection ->

Results Recording -> Define Parameters for Input Processing.

o Set the control indicator for input processing in the (master) inspection characteristic.

o Enter the input processing key in the quantitative data of the (master) inspection characteristic.

o Choose "98" as the value for the number of decimal places in the certificate profile for the (master) inspection characteristic.

Regards

Hari