cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Definition Master Agreement Document fields access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I reference current document's fields (e.g. Business Unit) from within Query Definitions. I need to get the current doc Business Unit  OBJECTID while building a query definition for a report. There is no Token for accessing the current document, unless I do a pure sql lookup.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tebogo,

If you are on version 7.0 or higher please have a look at the GET token under query parameters

It is of the format <%GET(CurrentDocument|CurrentBO)%>. Using this token you can get the current document or fields in the current document.

I hope this points you to the correct direction. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using version 5, we still need to upgrade to 7 or 8. Is this going to work in version 5 because this does not come up on the list of Tokens in version 5. Tried it as well and does not resolve to the object's value instead the query fails.

If anybody is using version 5 please assist.

Thanks

Tebogo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tebego,

You can try another approach then.

While writing the query definition make a hidden filter prompt of object reference type which refers the Master Agreement class (1004). Make sure to use this filter prompt in the query in order to restrict your result set to the current document (e.g. T1.OBJECTID = ? )

Now, create a report of Master Agreement category and add this query as the report element. Run this newly created report from you MA and see if you get the results as you require.

Keep us posted on this.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies, have not updated my progress on this issue, was deployed to another project for a short while I look at this tonight and post my findings\outcome.

Thanks

Tebogo