Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to SOAP error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have a scenario in which SAP triggers an update to Sharepoint list,

everything works well but there is a field address is being limited to 50 characters, whereas we have rechecked the character limit of the column of sharepoint list is 255 characters.

Any idea how to rectify this error

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the sender and receiver payload in PI? You need to check where exactly the value gets truncated, since the solution depends on what is the exact source of the problem. It might be truncated on the sender side, during mapping or on the receiver side, and as a first step you need to confirm where exactly it happens.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked the payload , it gets the value truncated

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you see this in RFC then restart RFC adapter (from VA or NWA) or the whole PI server

so that the RFC cache will get refreshed and try once more,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>i checked the payload , it gets the value truncated

Still your statement does not provide clarity. Are your referring sender payload or payload inside PI or at the receiver side.  Check whether you have any discrepancy in RFC metadata between ECC and PI. Update the latest RFC in PI.  Also if the sender side no issue then check the mapping area in PI. How do you declare the field size in the target soap structure?  I suspect those two areas. 

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

do you see in PI (after RFC call) the full lenght ? or is it truncated only in SOAP call ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk