cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to creat validation for projects as bellow .I want to through an error msg when the project profile and project def is not matching.

PreRequisties:

Project Profile='ABC'

Check:

Project Def= 'T'

Project Profile is ABC then Poject Def should be start in ' T '.

Message Type E (Error)

I assigned this validation profile in project profile.When am Creating an project with Project Profile as ABC and project def as Z(Different),it is not showing an error msg.The screen short is attached.Pls,Can any one tell me what is thing am missing?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please correct your check as below:

Project Def. :1-1: = 'T'

Use field PROJ-PSPID for Proj Defn. Use 'FldComp' button on right side of table to enter ':1-1:'

I hope you have selected 'E' in message type.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Shrikanth,

1.Can u explain y we have to give :1-1:.wat is it mean?

2.Then one more query where to type text msg "Project Profile is ABC then Poject Def should be start in ' T".i have selected msg type as E.its throwing an error msg.how to get the text msg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

:1-1: means first character of the field. If you want to check more characters you can change this accordingly. eg :1-4: for checking first 4 characters of field. You can even check fields in between like :3-6:

With help of your developer, create message in appropriate message class and assign it in message section.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

with out assigning MSG class whether it will work?

what u told i gave it as :1-1:.it is validating if,its not matching and throwing an error msg.if i assign correct condition in project prof and in project def.Then also it is showing any error msg.

MSG i got :

Validation unsuccessful

Message no. GB071

Diagnosis

This message is issued if a validation prerequisite is not met, and the user who defined the validation has not defined an error message.  This message is the standard message displayed when a validation prerequisite is not met.

Procedure

Correct the values entered and repeat the action.  Ask your system administrator to define a message for the special error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without message class you cant give personalised message. You can choose some standard available message if it suites you.

Regarding the validation unsuccessful error, the diagnosis clearly mentions that pre-requisite is not met. Are you trying to create project with profile other than 'ABC'? Also is it error message or info message?

After checking this, if you still have issue paste your validation screen shot here and tell us parameters used during project creation.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

where is screen shot?