cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free of goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

is there any stranded method is there suppose i created one sales order with 2 line items ,

line no 10 is for price and line no 20 is free of goods

here any stranded method is there while creating billing i want to show only pricing items not free items

i mean only 10 line item only will be displayed?

i have mentioned billing relevance blank,

pl tell me how to do

pl thanks a lot 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu

I agree with Jignesh.This is SAP standard. The postings for R100 will happen in invoice a

Even I would like to know the business scenario where the free goods need not be shown. If the free goods is excisable, then it has to be shown in billing and even in invoice print out and this is a statutory requirement

Anyway please do the testing as per TW and post the findings.

regards

HArish

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thank you for your post!

With an objective of thinking about varied business processes. Please see below where this requirement could be needed:

In an order,

there is a billable item  (just like item with item category TAN) (e.g. line item 10, from above)

there is a Free goods item (just like item with item category KLN) (e.g. line item 20, from above)**

If above is the business process, then for line 10 billing document is needed but for line 20 billing document is not needed.

** process: FD (sales document type) > LF (delivery type)

NO billing type here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks T W

I understood what u said

As i said in my earlier post, isn't it necessary to show the items in billing for statutory purposes? And also the postings (for free goods) to be shown for reporting purpose too. As it is an expense to the company should that also be reflected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all it is working as T.W SAID

i done all so finally my conclusion is we can create one item in billing which is relating to pricing

and we can exclude which is not pricing in billing

i mean 10 only in billing

20 not showing in billing

tanks for all

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Repeated reading and thinking about various standard SD processes (e.g. OTC, RO, CS, KB, SDF, FD etc. etc.) is very beneficial for a SD consultant during his/her learning phase (and learning goes on till the end).

Carefully read the comments from members on various elements related to different SD business processes. It shall definitely help.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most important for this business requirement is configuration in Item category in VOV7.

There would be two different item categories for Line Item 10 and Line item 20.

Configuration for "Line Item 10":

a. If you want this item to feature in the billing document, then in VOV7, in the item category, field billing relevance should be A delivery related billing.

b. If you want pricing for this item in the sales order, then in tiem category, VOV7, in field pricing should be X standard pricing.

c. Copy control needed to be configured in VTFL, you can copy F2 <-- LF, item category TAN; to create your configuration

Configuration for "Line Item 20":

a. If you donot want this item to feature in the billing document, then in VOV7, in the item category, field billing relevance should be blank.

b. If you do not want pricing for this item in the sales order, then in tiem category, VOV7, in field pricing should be blank.

With the above settings conduct some tests.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is SAP Standard. The Free Goods will be visible in Invoice because the Financial posting for 100% Discount will happen from here.

Also in Invoice Print-Out you have to Print the details & quantity of Free Goods. Thus in SAP Standard the Free Goods will be visible in Invoice, though its value will not add to Invoice total Value.

What is the exact Business Requirement to not have Free Goods in Invoice Doucment?

Alternatively you can also have Inclusive Free Goods.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the billing relevance is blank...what is happening when you create the billing this order (referring delivery)? Is it copying the free goods items also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for item 10 ...i selected   standerd pricing and billing relevance is delivery related billing

for item 20       i selected    no pricing and billing is blank

and i dont know what setting i do in copy controls pl let me know