Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show substituted material in VA01

ChristianHeck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently working with material substitution in VA01. So far the settings work fine. If there is no material available, a substituted material is choosen.

I thought, that it would be possible to show the initial material in VA01, to have a kind of documentation why the system has selected the new material.

To do that I have activated the option "Entry" in transaction OVRQ for the corresponding material substitution rule. Unfortunately it did not effect anything in VA01.

Do I need to customize the system in any other place as well, to have a list of postions with "old/requested" materials and "new/substituted" materials?

Many thanks for any tips and hints.

Best,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

The system shall determine the price for the item but not for the substitute item.for this the item category of main item " TAX", must be relevant for pricing and the item category of substitute item is "TAPS" must not be relevant for pricing.

Item category determination.

S.D TYPEIT.CATEUSAGEHL.ITE CADFT.ITMMRP TYSC.LIN
ORNORMPSHP/PSEL TAX(MAIN ITM)NDCX
ORNORMPSA2TAXTAPS(SUB ITEM)NDPP

If the substitute item that has  to be delivered but not the main item. so, the system has to reduce the stock for the substitute item only. For this we must not specify only movement type in schedule line category of main item which is ' CX " and we must specify the movement type " 601  " in the schedule line category of substitute item which is "pp "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

Check below steps:

1. Please check the Condition technique settings,

2. Create Product Substitution Procedures: OV13

3.Assigning Procedures to Sales Document Types: OV14

4.Creating Substitution Reasons: OVRQ

etc.

Regards,

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Did you review "Material Entered" in the Sales order?

Best regards,

DB49

ChristianHeck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

yes I did. The "material entered" field is filled correctly, but it shoud also show up in the item list, e.g.

Customer wants 10 pieces of good1 which is not in stock.

SAP substitutes good1 with

3 pieces of good2 and

7 pieces of good3 to fulfill the order.

The item list should look like:

10) Good1 - 0

20) Good2 - 3

30) Good3 - 7

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Have you followed all the configuration steps outlined in online help? 

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/a1/78267709e811d2956400a0c9306667/frameset.htm

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heck,

If you want to see the substitution martial ( in your case GOOD 1) in order  make sure to select A in out come field. so you will get the substitution martial  in line item 1.

Please find  below picture for your reference .

But the out put will be like this

10) Good1 - 10       TAX           CX

20) Good2 - 3         TAPS        PP

30) Good3 - 7         TAPS        PP

where item cat  TAX and sch line cat CX (no movement type) are automatically determined for line item 10, so it will not delivered.

If you want further clarification, please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear patachala sir very good mng

i have tried your scenario above given but i have small doubt

in T code OVRQ , in output  i put A ok in sales order substitute material will come along with main item and we cant create delivery

But if i put B in out put in ovrq it is also same like a ( i mean what is exact dif between A AND B)

Thank you so much pl let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,,

There is no much difference . Option A used in any orders but option B only used in Sales order. In sales order you won`t find any difference, if you use A or B the end result will be same.

Regards,

Patchala.