cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Partner type in Partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of creating new partner type for the Partner ZM ( Account manager) as AM. I have searched the forum and found it can be done in TVPA table, but how.

someone said, by copying at the partner functions we can do it, but the error message comes "An entry already exist with the same key"

Can any one let me know how to create this please ?

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have tried all your said things already.

1. Copying the Partner function from PE and renaming to ZE
  2. Changing the discription from sales rep to Account manager
  3. Chaning the partner type from PE to ZE

but for all these getting errors like "partner type not defined" or "An entry already exists with the same key".

Any other suggestions Please ?

Regards,

Venkat

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can  not change the partner type , you can change the partner function ,

please error under stand , all ready  their means it is created ,

like SP- ZP, Its change but KU-ZU , not copy it not allow , because partner type you can you use stranded only.

partner function you can change, this is for small issue ,

please careful under stand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I want to change both Partner function and Partner type. As per you, we can only copy Partner function and once created we can check by going into position, thats right.

But in the begining I have already mentioned in the heading .. New partner type required.

Regards,

Venkat.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

this

for stranded behavior , when you copy partner type their is no use , because one partner type can use so meany partner functions , it is not required copy the partner type,

just you copy the partner function , its fine .

normally partner type table : TVPA

when you enter the at SE16N LEVEL ACCEPT but it not allow the PARTNER determination level,

so you can copy and rename the partner function only

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

You cannot create partner Type.

Because it i only with partner Type that system can understand whether the partner Function is a Customer or Vendor or Employee, etc... Thus in SAP Standard you can only create Partner Functions & not Partner Types.

But, what is the Business justification for creating a new Partner Type?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain what is the role of this new partner function.

An employee of the company e.g. Sales employee, Account manager etc. belongs to the partner type PE personnel.

Maybe what Harish has said is the needed action, i.e. to create a new partner function. And it is not needed to create a partner type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The role will Account manager who is a employee of the company.

While I was trying to copy employee responsible and just in place of  SE -Sales Employee with the Partner type -PE  trying to give name as ZE for SE the error comes "An entry already exists with the same key"

How to create.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

simply put another name...say, ZF or ZW

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

You can try giving another name like Mr. PPIo has said or instead of copying the partner function, just try to overwrite the existing one and see.This used to work in 4.7. Just check and confirm

Regards

Harish

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

The message simply means that partner function ZE has already been created and creating the same partner function (i.e. ZE) twice is not possible / permitted by the system.

If we take another example, in sales document types, if Z1OR is already created, someone wants to create Z1OR, system shall not permit that.

If you want to use partner function Account manager maybe you could use the partner function provided in standard. Or do as mr. PIPO.

It is clear that you definitely do NOT need to create a partner type for this requirement.

Partner type PE personnel is the one you have to use.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish,

What do you mean by "overwrite the existing one"? Please give an example.

If you mean e.g. for ZE change the description from Sales representative to Account manager, then I would not reccommend that because ZE as sales representative might be currently used in a partner procedure. Changing the description / role of a partner function shall cause errrors, confusion. And is not a practice to be encouraged.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

it means it all already created , you will try to give new name , and also check the , go to partner details click on the position then enter the ZE , check it , it is all ready created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try overwriting the existing partner function AM with ZM.