Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of CF01 and why not use IE25 or IE01

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

All

I have seen a t-code in QM which is derieved T-code of PM module for PRT i.e. CF01. However there is already a Standard T-code available in PM which is again in the QM menu path for Equipment/PRT i.e. Use T-code IE01 with equipment category 'Q' or Use T-code IE25 for PRT?

My question is in QM for Test equipment which T-code i have to use to create a PRT as Test equipment and why is the T-code IE01 with category 'Q' or T-code IE25 not used?

Please clarrify

Regards

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Murad,

Normally, CF01 is being used to create a basic & default data of PRT's.

Whereas, IE01/IE25 can be used to create complete PRT data including sales & dist or organizational internal data.

Overall, we call an object PRT which we're going to use for internal purpose whereas Equipment (Cat-PRT) can be used to send it outside (e.g. to customer & etc.)

Also refer below link to get all details about PRT's.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/psprt/psprt.pdf

Regards,

Anup

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Anup

It means for QM where my only use is for the Calibration purpose, I can create a PRT with CF01.

Other T-codes like IE01 and IE25 are used if I want to completely maintain the Equipments with all other views as well as PRT view. Same If I want to maintain material as a  PRT (FHMI) , I have to create it using MM01 so that other usages like stock, value etc can be maintained.

Hope I have understood correctly.

In QM implementation at my client, there is no use other than only calibration. Equipment master data has already been maintained for PM maintenance. So for QM i wil create PRT using CF01

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ahmed

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murad,

From QM point of view, yes, it is only Calibration...

And if PM module/person has already maintained Equipments master data completely then you need not create any more using CF01/IE01. Coz you/QM need to carry out Calibration for a PM Equipment/s (which are already created by PM)...

You setup other QM data if any for calibration process... like assignment of insp type-14 in material etc.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murad,

Are you now comfortable with your doubt? If yes, you can close the post or else revert...

Regards,

Anup