cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity PROCESS_UNPROCESSED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm looking at a clients Ruleset that has lots of entries for Activity PROCESS_UNPROCESSED.

Program /saptrx/process_locked_ehs is also running every 15 minutes.

I think both of these programs are used to process Event Messages that were previously blocked because the

Event Handler was blocked.

Are there any guidelines on the use of these programs for systems that receive a high volume of Event Messages?

Thanks.

Zenon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Zenon,

I also cannot give you an guideline here - never used this activity. So I would follow Steffen's suggstion. It is more important that you schedule the necessary background job which you find under "Schedule Background Jobs for Event Management".

Best regards.

Berthold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen, Berthold.

I removed PROCESS_UNPROCESSED from the Rule Set and ran /saptrx/process_locked_ehs every 15 minutes.

It's working a lot better now! 

Thanks.

Zenon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have an Event Handler with 2 tracking IDs  (from ECC and a courier idoc).

Occasionally an Event Message idoc arrives that can not be processed because the EH does not have the tracking ID yet.  This message can be seen in transaction /saptrx/evm_status. 

The only way I can process this message is to add Process_unprocessed  to the RuleSet.

Is the the correct procedure?

Regards.

Zenon.

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Zenon,

How is the second tracking ID added to the Event Handler? Is it done via an Event Message and the activity TRACKING_ID_SET?

If this is the case the system does not automatically process Event Messages wich have been posted earlier. So yes here you should use the activity PROCESS_UNPROCESSED.

Best regards

Berthold

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge PROCESS_UNPROCESSED is not needed any more. I think EM checks it automatically. Maybe remove the activity and test it. I never used it in my rule sets.

Best regards,
Steffen