Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Document Services installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have an ECC 6 and EP landscape

We want to install ADS to veiw HR form 16 in PDF in ESS. Thus we want to install ADS

Can anyone guide on any document or link which tells about the ADS installation and post installation configurations?

R..../-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a ABAP system and and EP (JAVA) system. These two are different landscapes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Let me explain it with an example

Usually what we do is that ( If they dont have portal system and if they have solman system  - we will just the abode service of Solman for the ECC landscape )

So, will point the ADS RFC connection to the solman system and also the points which stated above with respect to Java stack will be done in Solman system

Nutshell : We need an java service to use the adobe forms and hence we are utilising the portal landscape or Solman systems.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Thanks. But I am still confused about the ADSCALLER role. If it has to be created in ABAP system then what should be the contents of that role? The role should contain some autho objects in it.

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sandy,

Its the standard template role and you dont need to define any authorisation object in it.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

To my knowledge this is the one you are looking for - I have done the same settings in my environment ( Indeed, I have not mentioned anything about importing credentials - For Adobe interactive forms )

ADS configuration - Admin perspective

Step1 : Create a user with type as service in the ECC system (ADS_AGENT) with  the roles

SAP_BC_FP_ICF --> if AS ABAP and AS Java (with ADS) are on the same system

SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF --> if AS ABAP and AS Java (with ADS) are on different systems

Step 2 : In case, if your system has VA in the EP system - please follow the below settings and for the new releases - Please use the NWA settings

Creating the Destination

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator.
  2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x>  ® Services ® Destinations. Under Runtime, select HTTP. The available destinations are displayed.
  3. Choose the destination you want to change. The information that applies to a selected destination is displayed in the right pane. Proceed with step 6.
  4. Choose New in the navigation panel, if the destination does not exist, yet.
  5. In the dialog box that follows, enter the name FP_ICF_DATA_<SID>, where <SID> is your ABAP system, for the new destination and choose OK.
  6. a. Under Connection Settings, enter the message server (or Web Dispatcher) of the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP in the URL  field: http://<hostname>:<HTTP_port>
  7. Enter the appropriate client number of the system, where the service user ADS_AGENT exists into the client field. Keep the other fields System ID and Language empty.
  8. Under Logon Data, choose BASIC in the Authentication field.
  9. Enter ADS_AGENT in the Username field and enter the same password as given for this service user in the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP in the Password field.
  10. d. Choose Save.

Step 3 :  Create a ADSUSER ( Type as System) with the roles as ADSCALLERS in the UME Authentication

Step 4 : Assinging the security role in Java

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator. (See How to Start the Visual Administrator)
  2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x>  ® Security Provider.
  3. On the User Management tab, choose the Tree tab in the left panel.
  4. In the User Tree, ensure that the user you created in ABAP appears under the ADSCallers group.
  5. On the Policy Configurations tab, in the Components area, select com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices*AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar.
  6. On the Security Roles tab, select ADSCaller from the Security Roleslist.
  7. In the Mappings area, choose Add, which is assigned to Users. A dialog Choose Users or Groups is displayed.
  8. Choose the Tree tab.
  9. In the User Tree, under the ADSCallers group, select the ADSUser you just created and choose OK. This assigns the new user to the ADSCaller security role.

Step 5 :Creating RFC - Setting up Authentication

1. Log on to your SAP Web AS central instance host.
  2. Call transaction SM59.
  3. Choose Create.
  4. Enter at least the following:
  5. e. RFC destination: ADS
  6. f. Connection type: G
  7. Description: <your description>
  8. Choose ENTER
  9. Choose the Technical settings tab and enter at least the following:

Target Host:-

Enter the host name of the J2EE Engine that runs the Adobe document services or of the SAP Web dispatcher if applicable.

Service No:-

Enter the HTTP port number of the Target Host you have specified (The following naming convention applies: 5<J2EE_instance_number>00 (50000, for example, if your J2EE instance is 00).

Path Prefix:

Enter exactly the string /AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc

Hint: A warning is displayed: Query String Not Allowed. Ignore this warning by pressing Enter.      

1. Choose the Logon/Security tab, select Basic Authentication.
  2. In the User and Password boxes, enter the user name ADSUser and the password of the portal system
  3. Save your settings.

Step 6: Basic authentication in JAVA

This procedure applies for the scenario of interactive forms. Set up Basic Authentication to access the Java version of the PDF object.

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator.
  2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x>  ® Web Services Security.
  3. Choose Web Service Clients  ®  sap.com > tc~wd~pdfobject  ® com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy*ConfigPort_Document.
  4. From the Authentication list, select BASIC.
  5. In the User and Password boxes, enter as Username ADSUser and a Password.
  6. Choose Save.
  7. The authentication data must be activated. For doing this navigate to Services  ®  Deploy.
  8. Choose the button Application.
  9. Choose sap.com/tc~wd~pdfobject in the tree.
  10. Choose Stop Application.
  11. For restarting the application choose Start Application.

Step 7: Check the configuration settings by running the report

Checking by Executing Test Report FP_TEST_00

Use the printer which is defined for PDF printer (Device type should be appropriate)

Note : I have copied the content from help site and modified according to my easy understandings with my own documents --> So most of the thing it resembles the SAP help site

Hope this should helps

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Referring to step 3 -->

Step 3 :  Create a ADSUSER ( Type as System) with the roles as ADSCALLERS in the UME Authentication

This ADSUSER ID has to be created in ABAP? Also I did not find ADSCALLERS role in ABAP or my JAVA system

Please advice

R..../-

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

It depends where is your Datasource get from. If you has an Abap Backend then is an abap user ....

Check the identiti management ( UME ) configuration in order to know what datasource is configured.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandy,

I read your post - According to that

You need to create this user in SU01 which is a abap system and also create the roles manually in PFCG as stating the same (ADSCALLERS) and assign the same to ADSUSER

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... thanks but what will be the contents (txns, autho obj) of role ADSCALLERS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Check following note:

778479    Adobe Document Service Installation on SAP NetWeaver '04 SR1

682619    Adobe document services: Configuration Guide (SAP NW '04)

894009    Adobe Document Services: Configuration Guide (SAP NW 7.0)

Regards,

Vipin

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EP system, ADS should be installed by default. So, you need not to configure anything to view ADS forms there.

Thanks

Sunny