cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write access to the Approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to MDG.I have a small requirement. Whenever a Change request is in Approval step, I need to provide the approver with both Read/Write privileges for the data in Change Request.Approver should be able to change the Data. Generally Approver has only the Read access. Could you please provide your suggestions on this requirement.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

in the MDG-S and MDG-C workflows, these privileges are defined by the workitem of the workflow template. To fulfill your requirement, you could either change the pre-defined workflow template, or copy it to a custom template and change it accordingly. If you copy it to a custom one, do not forget to adjust the change request types accordingly!

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you  for your suggestions. My requirement is in MDG -F. I  need to configure 3 step approval process. The worflow flow is as below.

Data Steward->Tax Department rep->Accounting rep->final approval.

Data steward creates basic data, sends it to tax rep. Tax rep fills tax data and sends it to accounting rep and account rep fills it and sends to approval. Here Tax rep or accounting rep  should be able to change the data created by  data steward.

In standard workflow. we have evaluation->final processing -> approval. I believe to  suit my requirement I need to change the UI as well as the workflow . Could you please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

This is what I understand your requirement for the workflow process is:

Step
Performed by User
Data StewardTax Department repAccounting rep
Action by User
Create Change RequestEnter tax data in CREnter accounting data in CR
CR Status
NAChanges to Be ExecutedFinal Check to be PerformedFinal Check Approved

If Accounting rep is required to enter data in CR and he is also the last processor of the CR then all you need to do is:

1. Use Workflow template WS75700040 for your CR type
  2. 'Edit Statuses of Change Requests' from MDGIMG
  3. Change the column value of 'Permitted Processing' for the table entry of Step 3 (Status 04) as follows:

StatusDescriptionPermitted Processing
04Final Check to Be PerformedExecution of Changes

Hope this meets your requirements.

Best Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I have done the changes. When the data steward doesn't maintain company code data and submits the CR. The system is not allowing the next approver (Accounting Rep) to maintain it.He is only able to change basic data maintained by data steward. My requirement is  that Accounting Rep should be able to maintain company code data as well aschange  the data maintained by data steward.

Thanks,

Nagendra.

0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Please you explain your scenario in more detail. I would like you to answer questions below for me to understand the scenario better:

Are you using a standard change request type ?

What entity are you processing in CR ?

Are there any customized BRF validations or UI modifications in the system ?

What kind of error message is displayed by the system if any ?

Is it possible for you to include a sample screenshot of the same ?

Best Regards

Uday Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a SAP MDG-C implementation, mdg version 6.1.

After requester submit a change request for create customer and  if an approver open that same change request, he is getting all the fields as read only.  Hence for the approver, all the fields for some blocks should be editable, specifically customer General data, Company Code data and Sales Area data.

But for approver a edit button is the on the top of Customer Details, but if I click the Edit button an error page is coming stating that “No valid target content area found ", and we are using workflow template(WS54300003) for create customer.

Please suggest me on how to achieve the requirement.

Regards,

Anupam

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I think this depends on the setting you have made in the MDGIMG->Process Modeling->Change Requests->Edit Statuses of Change Requests

Change the Permitted Processing column value to 'Execution of Changes' for the row having the relevant CR status (I guess its Final Check to Be Performed).

Remember this setting allows the Approver to be able to change all the fields for the customer in the CR for all the workflows that you might have configured on the MDG hub system.

Let me know if the above solution meets your requirement.

Best Regards

Uday

0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

I didn't get any response from you. I guess your issue is resolved.

Regards

Uday

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Could you let me know if your requirement is met with the solution suggested.

Best regrds

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Edit is enabled now.

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagendra,

This is exactly the same issue that I am facing.

In the initial step (Requestor) the CR is submitted and in the next step (Shared Services Team) should be able to enter new Company Code or Sales Area of the Customer. The system displays the NEW button in non-editable mode.

Can you tell me how the issue is solved?

Regards,

Praveen T

Former Member
0 Kudos

please post a new question. this was long time ago and many things changed since.

Answers (0)