cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document type used during activity confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

during activity confirmation, CO document is automatically created to post actual cost based on activity type and rates.

currently in my system, doc type used is SA...

does anyone know where the document type is assigned.? i would like to assign a different doc type.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am curious to know why you want to change CO document type.

Morever to answer your question, you can not change CO document type. This document type is defined by SAP for each of the transaction type at controlling area level settings. however there is no way in std SAP you can change these settings.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks mahendra,

can you give me the img menu path where this is set..?

the reason i would like to change is because the SA doc type needs to set required header text..

however i cannot input header text directly in the confirmation..

i tried via substitution but not working...

hope you could give menu path for the controlling area level settings you mentioned so perhaps i can see alternative options..

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following is the Menu path, but I still do not recommend to change these settings. As this document type is same for all CO transaction types.

SPRO > Financial Accounting(new) > Financial Accounting Global settings(new) > Ledgers > Real-time integration of controlling with Fin. Accounting >Define variants for real time integration.

Please verify all side effects from your Financials consultant before changing these settings.

For inserting header text, I think first condition will be to allow to write header text for CO document and then try to populate the same with some user exit or enahanement(if not possible using substitution).

In 'document type' definition, it is possible to make 'header text' as mandatory and then try using some enhancement.

Regards,

Mahendra

Answers (0)