cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change customer name and address

0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a new customer on XD01 screen, I have saved the customer with all necessary data except name and address. Now I went to change screen using XD02 to provide name and address. I have observed that name and address were filled with some US company. I tried to change with German company and name but I was not able to change the detail. I got message that correct the entered data dependent with the changed country. I have two question here

1. Why system has filled with some US country and address?

2. What is the best possible solution to overcome to this problem?

Thanks

Chirag Patoliya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I believe you had created the customer with reference to an already existing customer in the system, otherwise it is not possible to create a customer with out atleast a name (as this will be the primary identification). and for changing the existing customer details first there should not be any open item in the customer account and then run XD03 for your customer and go to Environment - Account changes - all fields.

Hope this solves your query.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel you created the customer extending.  In that case only the general data will be same. 

Check the customer account group settings.

Harsha.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

first, i would recommend to check out your authorizations by running /NSU53

second, run XD03 for your customer and go to Environment - Account changes - all fields

and you will see everything what you've done with this particular account.

third, log off sap, log on again and run XD02 trying to change the customer.

what's new? (I hope your authorizaions are okay)

regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks mr. PPIO,

I have tried the solution however I am facing another problem that

1. I am able to change the name, address but I am not able to change country.

2. I want to change country to DE(Germany) from US because I am not able to remove tax juridictn

3. So when I change country to DE and try to save it displays the error "check the data & processes dependent on the new country"

4. In Control Data tab field tax jur. is read only field, Iguess due to that it causes the issue

I believe I am clear now to explain my problem

can you please help me on this.

Chirag

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

as i mentioned above the possible reason for this issue

would be your authorizations.

when you have XD02 screen please go to command line , type /NSU53 and hit Enter button

if you get the message "The last authorization check was successful" - it is okay (that means another reason, say a custom code or user exit)

if not - forward that screen to your basis / security guys explaining the problem.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to add country US for maintaining tax data in sales area data, then you have to configure the country in tax procedure.  You can find in basic functions.

Harsha.

0 Kudos

No Vipparti,

I want to remove US and add Germany, also let me know how to change tax juridictn field for it. I am not able to change it.

Thanks

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to maintain the tax data for Germany, You have to assign tax determination procedure to the country.  Tax types has to be assigned to the country.

The country field in general data and the country in billing(for tax data), both are different. 

Check the configuration of tax determination configuration.  It gets solved.

Thankyou,

Harsha.