cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Storage bucket profile in TSCOPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to copy data from one Planing Area, PA1 (Which uses Fiscal Months as Storage buckets profile) to another Planing Area, PA2 (Which uses Fiscal Quarters as Storage Bucket profile). I tried using /SAPAPO/TSCOPY and it failed as expected and gave the following message -

@5C\QError@    Periodicities of planning area PA1 and planning area PA2 are incompatible.

Is there any BADI or enhancement spot in the standard transaction /SAPAPO/TSCOPY to map Fiscal months to Fiscal Quarters ? And is there a better way to copy data between DP Planning Areas with different storage bucket profiles.

Regards,

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Basicly the storage bucket profiles of the two planning areas are allowed to be different, but they must be "compatible".

Please refer to note 1491820 for some information. This note is talking about copying data from infocube to planning area, but the scenario is similar -- the fiscal year variants must be compatible.

Planning area data is saved in liveCache. Any incompatible data may cause inconsistency. So I don't think modifying the code is a good choice. Please try to create compatible fiscal year variants in customizing.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, Thanks for the response.

Ada,

Thanks for pointing me to that note. That was really informative. The Note clearly says that the posting periods of the Source (planning area PA1 in my case) should not be shorter than the posting periods of the target (planning area PA2). But In my scenario, I am using fiscal months as the Storage Bucket Profile (SBP) for PA1 and fiscal quarters as the SBP for PA2. So I believe there is no standard way to do this.

Are you aware of any badi or enhancement spot in TSCOPY transaction that could be used?

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I have said, the restriction actually comes from liveCache, I don't think it's possible to control it at ABAP side. It is possible that you avoid ABAP error by modification of ABAP coding (sorry I don't know any BADI), but you may get inconsistency or even more severe error at liveCache side. So maybe your expectation is not applicable. I'm sorry to say that.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ada,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, modifying the TSCOPY did not look like a good idea to start with, because this transaction is used in a lot of other jobs. We are now using the BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL2 to load data into the planning book of target planning area and BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2 to extract data from the source planning area.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Yash.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiv

As per my understanding, what matter is what are Periodicities maintained in the storage bucket profile which used in your Planning Areas. If both Planning Areas has Periodicity = Month selected, then Copy Plan Version should work.

I do not know about any BADI or enhancement which can help you here.  But some workaround you will have to do, loading data into Infocube from Planning Area which has  Fiscal Months and Fiscal Quarters included, then loading into your 2nd Planning Area. Think about this approch.

Thanks

Satish