Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a deleted table entry

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to recover a deleted entry?

(Other than restoring from backup)

Can we treat this sort of a thing as logical corruption?

For example assume record is deleted using SM30 transaction code.  After that is there a way to recover those deleted records?

Kindly share your view points

regards,

Zerandib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zerandib,

the easiest way would be "Flashback Query", which is based on undo management. If the old data is still available depends on your undo_retention and tablespace settings:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25518/adfns_flashback.htm#ADFNS01003

The other option would be the LogMiner (depending on table column definition, etc.) to extract the data from the redo / archive log files:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25788/d_logmnr.htm#ARPLS022

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two SCN blogs for flashback query:

Get me my data back! QUICK!

How to get those accidentally deleted rows back (on Oracle)

Often the data is also still available on a test or dev system.

Cheers Michael

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the changes for this particular table are written to the Change Log (Table DBTABLOG), you may be able to find or reconstruct the data.

To find if change logging has been turned on, check the system parameters (RZ10 or SE38 and run RSPARAM1):

rec/client = ALL - Log all clients.

rec/client = 001,002,003 - Log the specified clients. (Note you can specify up to 10 clients.)

rec/client = OFF - Do not log.

If logging is enabled for your client, you still need to check (via SE11 --> Technical Settings) whether it was enabled for the table in question.

Use function module DBLOG_READ_WITH_STATISTIC to interpret the data in DBTABLOG.

hth

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

I have checked in our PRD system

It has mentioned the client no. So that means on that client logging is enabled

rec/client=700

Then checked in using se11 -> Technical settings

Its a Y_table .(y_roundtrip)

But in that case log data is disabled

How can i enable this feature? What are the affects to the system after enabling this?

pls let me know

thanks

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zerandib @ wrote:

How can i enable this feature? What are the affects to the system after enabling this?

pls let me know

thanks

See checkbox marked Log Data Changes ? In development, change that and move the transport through to production.  The effect on the system is minimal in performance, but it will increase the number of DBTABLOG records.  The actual number depends very much on your individual circumstances - can't be much more specific than that, sorry.

hth