cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Type configuration in SRM 7.01 with PPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are conducting an upgrade, from SRM 5 to SRM 7.01. We are also using ECC 6.04.

We use plan driven procurement with RFx, meaning, Purchase Requisitions are transferred from ERP to SRM, we create RFx from Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order from winning quote. Our scenario is Extended Classic.

We configured item type and hierarchy, and it was functioning alright. Then we activated PPS business functions (/SAPPSSRM/SRM_CROSS_INDUSTRIES and

/SAPPSSRM/SRM_PPS, and SRM_SOURCING_1). After we activated those BF, item type and item hierarchy for material and services stop functioning well. We stopped seeing items like "folder type" and we started to see just a white square. Also, if we check RFx or Purchase orders created BEFORE the activation of the BF, we still see the item type correctly. The problem is with "new" RFx and Purchase Orders, from new purchase requisitions.

Is there any known configuration for item type and hierarchy? Remember it was functioning alright before PPS implementation, the problem started with BF activation.

Thanks in advance

Mati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What SP level are you on?

Try comparing entries in table /sapsrm/se_conf with table /sappssrm/htmp_a.

Are they same?

Did you activate any BC sets associated with PPS switch?

Try creating an RFX from scratch in SRM. Try to add Item hierarchy. Check if the folder icons show up. Also if the metadata( readonly fields, invisible fields) is comparable to older RFX created before PPS activation.

You need to eliminate if this is a problem in interface creating RFX from PR or otherwise.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil, thanks for answering.

This is our SP level:

SAP_BASIS    702    0010    SAPKB70210

SAP_ABA    702    0010    SAPKA70210

PI_BASIS    702    0010    SAPK-70210INPIBASIS

ST-PI    2008_1_700    0004    SAPKITLRD4

SAP_BS_FND    702    0008    SAPK-70208INSAPBSFND

SAP_BW    702    0010    SAPKW70210

SAP_AP    700    0026    SAPKNA7026

SRM_PLUS    701    0006    SAPK-70106INSRMPLUS

SRM_SERVER    701    0007    SAPK-70107INSRMSRV

SRM_EXPL    701    0004    SAPK-70104INSRMEXPL

SRM_EXT    701    0007    SAPK-70107INSRMEXT

ST-A/PI    01N_700BCO    0000         -

I've checked what you told me, if we create a RFx from scratch in SRM, hierarchy is correct. It seems like the problem is with RFx created from EXTR shopping carts.

Also, please check the attachment, it's a screenshot from our table /SAPSRM/SE_CONF. I've marked in RED our relevant entrys. It makes me wonder why the flag "enable hierarchy" is disabled, and the field "level" is in zero. I dont know if this is normal.

Any help would be good.

Thanks in advance

______________________________    __________    ____    ____________________

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFX types you are using in the PR scenario should be assigned to HIER_SE hierarchy template.

This is because PR from MM supports only External Services upto 6 levels (including Service item, sublines etc).

If you assign HIER_SE for the RFX types, this problem should be resolved.

Thanks,.

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushil,

I think i didn't expressed myself correctly. I generate the RFx from "carry out sourcing" option. PR generate SC in SRM system, and we create RFx from that SC. Anyway, I assigned HIER_SE template to RFx transaction type, but it didnt work. When I tried to generate the RFx from "carry out sourcing", the transaction type was not in the combobox to be selected, the only RFx we could generate were those which had HIER_SRM assigned (and those had the item error, too). Before activating PPS, it was functioning OK, with HIER_SRM hierarchy template.

Any other idea?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this PR from which you create RFX contain Service hierarchies?

Also please do the following.

For any SC created from PR, go to txn BBP_PD. Go into Header details. Search for field PS_HIER_TEMPL. Check the value in it

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the PR has hierarchy. 

Both Material and Service SC have the field PS_HIER_TEMPL with no value (empty). It's worth mentioning that material item are also being displayed incorrectly, not the "nice drawing", but a white square.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you replicating the PR? Are you using XI or RFC( BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER )?

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC. We are using BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER program to send PRs to SRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should not use RFC to transfer PR with service hierarchies from ECC EHP4 onwards. Instead SOA should be used.

But I fail to understand how it worked before activating PPS business function.

From SRM 7.0, any PR with service hierarchy transferred to SRM will result in a SC which is assigned to HIER_SE hierarchy template. This happens only if you use SOA. I am not sure if any correction(note) was released for RFC interface.

So the SC with HIER_SE template will require a RFX type assigned to HIER_SE template in Sourcing cockpit. I mean the drop down will show only RFX with HIER_SE assignment.

If the SC doesnot have any template assigned, it will pick up RFX type assigned to HIER_SRM only.

Can you check the PRs transferred before PPS activation for PS_HEIR_TEMPL field? Does it have any value?

Also can you post a snap of SC and RFX which is not showing hierarchies properly?

Please check this note Note 1267549 - SRM7.0: Creation of new transaction types for RFx and Quote in case of new RFX types you have created. Just to check if you have followed all required steps.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushil, thanks for all your help.

PS_HIER_TEMP was always empty, I've checked all SC after upgrade until today.

We use RFC because we don't use XI at all.

Please see pictures attached.

Material RFx before PPS:

Service RFx before PPS:

Material RFx after PPS:

Service RFx after PPS:

Hope it helps.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After taking a look at the snaps, it looks like you have not completed the config required for Item hierarchies in PPS.

From what I see, Hierarchy is showing up but the Configurable numbering (4 digit numbers) is missing and the icons for outline, material and service type are missing.

You need to configure Configurable Item numbering for the document type of RFX in location shown below.

I will come back to you on the icons.

Thanks,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's configured like your screenshots in our system. I've raised an OSS message, I don't know where else to look. I've asked SAP to tell us what added configuration is needed after activating PPS business functions. It was working well before the change. I really don't understand..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mati,

I am in the same situation with similar configuration. SRM 7.02, PPS.

Have you got a reply to your OSS message? Will appreciate your help.

Thanks...

- Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mati & Qureshi,

I am also in the same situation like PPS implementation for materials as well as services.

Is it issue resolved?. Could you please provide updates on the same

Will appreciate your inputs

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (0)