cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Integration !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

We want to test the capabilities of the SAP Net weaver Portal with MDM and the best way to implement it.

We are aware that we have to install the three packages (MDMJAVAAPI04_.sca, BPMDMTECHN04_.sca, BPMDMAPPLI04_.sca)

Could someone indicate us the way to proceed after the installation:

Connection with repository – how to use it – any documentation as an example

Many Thanks Guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the answer

I am still having some doubts ¿

What is the main reason for implementing an MDM portal? I can see that with the MDM portal , we can make search, add and delete records but Data Manager, Import and Syndicator still need to be implemented ?

What is the main purpose? Can I use it in order to deny the users the main control of the data that I am processing?

Any explanation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

Can you send me a test mail on mausam [dot] kakkad [attherate] wipro [dot] com. I've got a very good guide ( PDF ) on the MDM Portal Content which I'm not able to find from Service Market Place now.

Thanks and Regards,

Mausam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

We need to use the MDM API 5.5 for Java to connect from MDM to Portal.

The steps are as follows:

1. Create a stateless session bean that provides all the methods to add/update/delete and select master data from MDM tables.

2. Use com.sapportals.connector.connection.IConnection interfaces getConnection() and closeConnection() methods to get / close the connection to the MDM.

3. Use fields from a2i.common.A2iFields class to talk to MDM.

4. Then create a web service from this EJB and build a model in Web dynpro based on this web service.

Hope this may be helpful.

Kiran..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an Doc in the SAP Service (MDM):

Introduction to the SAP MDM 5.5 Java API

I think this is what you are searching for

Hope this helps