Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A populate elements from current table row

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Forum experts

I have a function module which has input parameters 'date from' and 'date to' and returns a table of data between those dates.

I am now creating a web dynpro abap application from this using a service call.

I used the service call wizard, and I have 2 context nodes with input (dates) and output (table) parameters.

I used the above to create a table in a view  which is populated from the function module by the press of a button - this calls the method for the function module in the componentcontroller. This all works fine.

The table shows some of the fields but not all, as some are large text fields which would not be suitable for a row in a table.

I would now like underneath the table to have some further text-vew elements that when the tableis populated, these elements get populated from the large text data which was not suitable to put in the table rows.

So as each row is moved along the text relating to that row is displayed underneath the table.

This sounds very easy when I think about it, but when I try to implement it I keep getting errors relating to cardinality as the table context is set to 0..n and selection 0..1 and when I try to bind the non-table fields underneath the errors state the contect binding of the property VALUE cannot be resolved: Node does not contain any elements.

Please can you help with this issue which I'm sure should be straight forward to resolve?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I wonder if the error has something to do with the Table UI Element's properties, e.g., property selectionMode. There is a demo web dynpro component, WDT_TABLE, whose view VIEW_1 has behavior similar to what you describe. Maybe the demo can help pinpoint the problem.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement can be done in this way:

You can have a text view underneath the table and then when a row is selected in the above table you can get the index of the row in the ONSELECT action of the table and populate the text field below with the value.

Hope this helps.